Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Project Opensky ERJ-145

Guest JimC1702

Just wanted to point out that this new release, on the Avsim front page, seems to work perfectly in FSX. For me, it didn't display in the preview window, but it works fine in the sim.Jim

Guest Marlin Manhiem

So Jim, have they improved on the quality of the VC yet? Or is it a 'typical' posky plane with a great looking model and kind of lacking on the interior?

More important is the general nastieness toward new people on their forum still there? Or have they learned that if you crap over people on their forums they don't donate money.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest JimC1702

According to the blurb on the Avsim front page "a highly detailed virtual cockpit is nearing completion".Jim

Yep.. it's still there!! The arrogance factor of all of the Project Opensky members (with the exception of Hiroshi) is just sickening... nearly every question ever asked in their forum is coldly greeted with " ...learn how to use the search function".. or something of that nature. Newbies are treated very nastily and constructive criticism of any kind is taken with great offense.They build beautiful aircraft, but it's just a shame they can't build new attitudes along with them!I was prepared to make a very large donation to them (to the tune of several hundred dollars) but when I saw how they treat people in their forums, I reconsidered... there are friendlier freeware groups who need the money more than POSKY!- Alex

Guest JimC1702

There's a new panel in the Avsim library today for this plane from Brian Selb:embraer_erj_panel.zipI also downloaded these sounds from the library:ae-3007a.zipit's in the FS2004 Sounds section of the library.I also fixed the aircraft.cfg file. THey had the atc_airline as U S AIR, it should be US AIR. NOw ATC calls it properly.Jim

Actually, you're probably gonna have to change the call sign again next month... US Airways new call sign will be "Cactus"... that's about the only thing they're keeping after they merge their operating certificate with America West :-)

Guest dkantanen

So I downloaded the new aircraft and it looks amazing.The problem I am having is there is no panel for my aircraft. I downloaded the new panel on avsim and followed the readme.txt but to no avail. I am somewhat new to FSX, so what am I doing wrong?Is there something I need to write in any of the cfg to get the new panel for the ERJ in game?Any help would be appreciated.Dennis

Guest supernova50

Remember that the regional carrier's use there own call sign, not that of the mainline carrier.Mesa is Air Shuttle, Freedom Airlines is Freedom Air, Continental Express is Jet Link.This is true regardless of the mainline carrier they are flying for.Ken

Would someone mind helping me out w/ the install of this A/C. Im a little daft when it comes to installing FS9 A/C in FSX. Do i just click and drag the appropriate files into the respective folders?Thanks Scott

Guest JimC1702

>Would someone mind helping me out w/ the install of this A/C.> Im a little daft when it comes to installing FS9 A/C in FSX. >Do i just click and drag the appropriate files into the>respective folders?>>>Thanks >>ScottScott,You SHOULD be able to just extract the .zip file to FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes. But what I did was create a new folder (I named it ERJ) and unzipped to it, then moved the resulting airplane folder to FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes. Jim

Guest Marlin Manhiem
"a highly detailed virtual cockpit is nearing completion".
Right. They have said this about others too.I just love the question when asked over there, "Does it work in FSX?"Then the mod comes back and says, "yep"Then you go through the hastle of finding out what download you actually want, download it, install it, to only find out that the VC just sucks. But on top of that most the gauges don't work.I guess their idea of working is quite differant than mine.