Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Lost Access To Flight Simulator Folders On Network

Hi All,

I normally plan my flights using Simbrief on a networked PC and use the Simbrief downloader to export the flight plans & wind data for the PMDG to my flight sim PC. This morning I decided to take a flight in the PMDG for the first time since last weeks update and was not able to export the flight plan & wind data as normal. I have all the drives on my flight sim PC shared so I can access them from my other machine where I run Navigraph charts etc but I seem to have lost access to the following folder remotely which is why the Simbrief downloader is failing

C:\Users\richa\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I can still access all the other folders in  C:\Users\richa\AppData\Local\Packages but not the flight simulator folder

Did anything change with SU12 that may cause this issue? I have never seen this before and have always exported data this way ever since I owned the PMDG. I am running Windows 11 Pro

Would love to hear your thoughts on how to fix this

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Just wondering how many shares you currently are using. Desktop Pro versions of Windows have a share limit of 20 (I believe) concurrent connections. Occasionally if you are near this limit the OS may not release the lease on one or two in a timely fashion and cause inability to connect. Have seen this very often when companies have a dedicated file/print system running Pro. 

1 hour ago, OneOfMany said:

Just wondering how many shares you currently are using. Desktop Pro versions of Windows have a share limit of 20 (I believe) concurrent connections. Occasionally if you are near this limit the OS may not release the lease on one or two in a timely fashion and cause inability to connect. Have seen this very often when companies have a dedicated file/print system running Pro. 

I currently have the 5 physical drives in my flight sim pc shared. This has been the same over 3 different pc's since I first brought MSFS 2020

Something seems to have happened specifically to the flight simulator folder as I can access every other folder in the packages directory as well as everything else on my C drive.

This morning I reset the network settings on both machines as well as removing the shares then re adding them, still the same. 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

That is a bunch. I presume you are sharing the root drive on each. It might be that permissions to that the parent folder or file you are needing are not the same. Or possibly the file has been attributed as hidden?