Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Selling FSX?

Guest the_kid

Can anyone tell me if I am able to sell FSX even though I have activated it on my conmputer?I just dont think it is what I was after and am looking at buying IL2 isntead for the WW2 planes and combat side of things.

The licence agreement (EULA) that came with FSX will set out your rights.

Guest the_kid

Thanks but the EULA is a little heavy going and I dont speak Legalese too well, I just need to know if I am allowed to sell it and whether it would work for the person who buys it as long as I uninstall/unregister it?

Guest JSPuonti

I took a quick look at the EULA and it would seem to me you are entitled to sell FSX to someone else as long as you uninstall your copy and hand over your backup copy of the game (if any - you're allowed one if you go by the EULA).The relevant bits from the EULA:---You may not* work around any technical limitations in the software;* reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;* make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;* publish the software for others to copy;* rent, lease or lend the software; or* use the software for commercial software hosting services.---As you can see, selling or transferring ownership of the game (or as Microsoft puts it, "license") to another person is not forbidden. Also:---If the first user transfers the software, the remainder of the warranty will apply to the recipient.---It would not make sense to include this statement if you were not allowed to sell / transfer the game / license to another person.But this is just how I view the EULA. Your mileage may vary.

Microsoft has a 45 day return policy in US/Canada search the MS site for how to claim the refund.

Go ahead and sell it. I gave mine to my son as a present and it works 100%Stelios

Stelios Christofides

The FS9 EULA (I don't have FSX) is neither heavy going nor full of legalese. If you can't be bothered to read it, why should others bother to help you?

"why should others bother to help you?"Because for many of us here, that is what we do, we try to help those that post, no matter their skill or dedication level. Seeing you don't even own FSX, what can you positively add to this thread?Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

At least I made a positive contribution by suggesting that OP read the FSX EULA.What positive contribution to the thread does your post make?

Guest jaapverduijn

People may not have the dazzling, sparkling and truly monumental educational level that you clearly have, which to me seems a good reason to help them. For other members English may not be their first language, which seems another reason to help them. Also... don't you think it is NICE to help another person every now and then?Jaap Verduijn.

I did try to help the OP by poining him to the EULA. His response implying it was too difficult prompted my later comment.

>I did try to help the OP by poining him to the EULA.>His response implying it was too difficult prompted my later>comment.>>Which means, I assume, that you've read it so wouldn't a simple "Yes" in reply to his original question have been better?Who are you to say it wasn't too difficult for him? Do you know him? Do you know his reading ability?

Maybe my critics would like to provide the OP with some positive advice - I notice they haven't so far.

If you compare the FS9 EULA to the FSX EULA, there is a change of wording with regards to transferring the rights conferred by the license. I take it that for FSX, transferring the license is controlled by the activation scheme. At times MS have suggested that activation can be done twice, implying that the license could be transferred once after activation, but they won't be pinned down on if it would be possible to activate a third (or potentially more) times via phone call or otherwise.scott s..