Sign in to follow this  
flyinmaninmn

FSX Install

Hi There fellow simmers! Im just here to ask, when i install fsx it lets me right to the end and then it pops up and says there's something wrong with the installation and doesn't let me finish the install of the game. Anyone else experience this? How can I rectify the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.    Lee

Hi i don't think you will get much help as FSX is old and i don't think many people still use it. Your best bet is to search the FSX Forums

Jason Richards

Moderators take note:

The OP's question gets asked fairly frequently so perhaps Dan's info should be pinned?

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

7 minutes ago, airernie said:

Moderators take note:

The OP's question gets asked fairly frequently so perhaps Dan's info should be pinned?

I can't do a pin but gave it a recommendation! 😀

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 hours ago, flyinmaninmn said:

I got the Steam version and installed. Im wondering where the game files are at so I may add aircraft and sceneires.

I did not use the default installation path, I prefer to install sims and games outside of Windows' protected areas.  My FSX path is C:\Games and Sims\steamapps\common\FSX.  Games and Sims is my custom install folder.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thank yo for your help. I got the game to install. Some of the Aircraft I download, doesnt show up in my aircraft selection window as aircraft I can fly. For instance. Project Airbus is one of them that doesn't show up. Any way to fix that?

Do you have all of the proper check marks here?

select page.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: