Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit149

Black Square BE58 Baron Controls Anomaly

Help!

I have loaded the Black Square default BE58 Baron update. I decided to load a new controls profile under Controls Options. I currently use Logitech Pro Yoke with throttle quadrant, plus a second Logitech USB throttle quadant.This gives full independent control of throttle, proppeller pitch and mixture for each engine - or so it should.

I have successfully assigned the throttles and prop pitch 1 to the direct yoke quadrant, and they work as desired. I then assigned the prop pitch 2 and the two mixture contrrols to the USB quadrant. Each control works as desired.

However, now when I move the prop pitch lever for engine 1, both mixture controls move in unison.

I have checked and discovered that in the <Default> profile the yoke quadrant Joystick R-axis Y is assigned to ."Mixture Axis (-100 to 100%). This default assignment is over-riding my new BE58 Baron profile. I have tried to remove this assignment within the <Default> profile, but, of course, cannot do so.

How can I rectify this situation? All other new assignments within my BE58 Baron profile have replaced any <Default> settings.

roadrabbit

Edited by roadrabbit149
update

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

RR, I don't have those actual controllers but does the secondary controller (Quad) use a pass through USB connector from the Pro? If so, you may try to plug the Quad into another PC/Hub USB port and see if this helps. That's a real odd bird there. If that doesn't help, try only using the Quad for your Prop Pitch levers. Good Luck guy..🤠👍

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

You are not alone rabbit. I have exactly the same problem. (I made a post on JF forum but no reply) I have a CH throttle which works every where else except BSQR Baron and Bonanza. I've resorted to not using either of them until they fix it. It seems to me that unless you are using MSFS controls set up or the Honeycomb then you're on your own.

Not 'appy

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I have honeycomb bravo and I create profile for each type of airplane I own. I also have profile for my stick . My four engine twin profiles works without any problem with BS Baron. I do not use default as template I create each profile from the scratch .

As I understand your problem you need to create two new profiles: one for your yoke and one for your throttle quadrant . You have to make sure that yoke profile doesn’t have mixture, prop or throttle assignments . When you fly Baron you have to make sure you switch to appropriate profile on both devices.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I'm a long time user of FSUIPC since .....Too long ago to remember. I have profiles for every type of aircraft including helicopters. I am not a stranger to making profiles. This lies in Black Square's court.

In reply to Pivot: Yes - the second quad has a USB connector to the rear of the yoke assembly. The first quad has a dedicated connector (not a USB) to the same input panel.

I have tried swapping the USB but with no effect. We will plod on!

In reply to sd_flyer and Ron Attwood: yes, I am used to creating profiles. I currently use all three major platforms, P3Dv5.5, X-Plane 11 and MSFS. The good thing about the first two platforms is that when you load an aircraft, they automatically pick up the correct profile. With MSFS you have to link the profiles manually (from what I can see). I may have missed something, but a fellow MSFS user (of longer standing than me) agrees with my thoughts here.

Edited by roadrabbit149

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

This lies in Black Square's court.

Not necessarily, I have both Alpha & Bravo from Honeycomb and both work perfectly fine with Back Squares Bonanza. Yo do have to create separate profiles within MSFS for them to work properly. As far as FSUIPC, never had the need for it.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So it works with Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo controls. That doesn't help me - I have Logitech Controls. It also doesn't work for others, so there is a fundamental problem here.

Or are you saying, that if I want to fly the Black Square BE58 Baron upgrade, then I can only do so if I buy Honeycomb controls? Really? If it IS true, then why don't Black Square and Just Flight say so? I know of no other default software aircrraft that requires specific control hardware, you can even fly DCS World without HOTAS controls (yes, I know it is far better with HOTAS - I use Thrustmaster HOTAS myself).

The problem is a software glitch where just one new profile control assignment does not fully replace the default control assignment. Both default and new assignment work simultaneously. It does work for the centre axis of the yoke throttle quadrant, but just not for the right axis.

To sd_flyer: not sure why you say not to assign throttle, pitch or mixture controls to the Logitech Pro (ex Saitek) Yke and Quadrant - they work 100% with all other aircraft models and platforms. I mean, why would they supply you with a throttle quadrant you can't use? Or am Imissing something here.

rr

Edited by roadrabbit149
clarity
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Not necessarily, I have both Alpha & Bravo from Honeycomb and both work perfectly fine with Back Squares Bonanza. Yo do have to create separate profiles within MSFS for them to work properly. As far as FSUIPC, never had the need for it.

I'll file that under 'It works for me' ..🙄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roadrabbit149 said:

In reply to Pivot: Yes - the second quad has a USB connector to the rear of the yoke assembly. The first quad has a dedicated connector (not a USB) to the same input panel.

I have tried swapping the USB but with no effect. We will plod on!

In reply to sd_flyer and Ron Attwood: yes, I am used to creating profiles. I currently use all three major platforms, P3Dv5.5, X-Plane 11 and MSFS. The good thing about the first two platforms is that when you load an aircraft, they automatically pick up the correct profile. With MSFS you have to link the profiles manually (from what I can see). I may have missed something, but a fellow MSFS user (of longer standing than me) agrees with my thoughts here.

I connect all my peripherals via individual USB ports not through peripherals ( even if they have USB port. Did you try USB hub ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I use TH Hotas and it works just fine for me, its must be some specific bug with Logitech hardware.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Possibly, but then why do they work correctly when flying the default Baron on both P3Dv5.5 and X-Plane 11? Me? I think it's a software problem in MSFS.

In MSFS the other default twin engine aircraft is the DC-3. I tried assigning all six of my Logitech levers (fully supported by MSFS) and had the extra fun of the different lay-out of PP-TT-MM, as opposed to the modern TT-PP-MM layout of the Baron. I got exactly the same problem with the default setting of the third lever on the direct connected quadrant simultaneously operating levers 2 and 3 of the usb quadrant. Plus ca change!

We await a reply to my bug report.

rr

39 minutes ago, roadrabbit149 said:

We await a reply to my bug report.

I hope you have large capacity lungs. 😁

An interesting development this evening. I tried the Bonanza Turbo and no mixture. Jumped in the bog standard one and we have mixture! As nature intended. Same profile in FSUIPC and still the  Black Square. Go figure. My money is still BS being the culprit. Also...In the Turbo, although the mixture lever didn't work on the screen, the engine shut down when I pulled my CH lever back. Aaaaagh!

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 1

To all following this thread,

SOLVED!

Use FSUIPC7 (which came bundled with my copy of MSFS.

I recall I had a similar wrong control binding carrying over from the default controls profile with the default Cessna 172. I was able to correct it by making all my control assignments via FSUIPC7, and not the built in MSFS system.

Returning to the Black Square upgrade to the default BE58 Baron, I set up a new BE58 Baron  profile within FSUIPC7. Having done this I followed the FSUIPC7 routine and re-assigned all my flight controls, plus, to my mind, illogical and confusing cockpit POV camera views (simply UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT axes). Saved everything, and with fingers crossed, went back to the loaded Baron.

Everything now works 100% as per my assignments, with no default profile assignments carrying over.

This shows conclusively that there has been no problem with my Logitech controls, but resides within the MSFS software, which FSUIPC7 rectifies.

"Quod erat demonstrandum", as my Latin teacher used to say  😄

rr

• Like 1

I hate to p**s on your parade but I've been using FSUIPC exclusively i.e NO MSFS controls, since always. For me it's still an issue. I thought I had it nailed as well...For a brief period. Having said that, I'll try making specific profiles for the Bonanza and the Baron. This being Flightsim anything is possible.