Sign in to follow this  
bbb

P3d crashes when start B1900D in direct mode

I use to start the sim in direct mode (SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0) with a saved flight file as command line parameter. This works fine with all my planes exept with the Carenado B1900D I just bought. The simulator crashes just before usually the window would appear that tells now to load terrain data. No error message at all, just return to desktop. If I start P3d4 with SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1 and load in that window the saved B1900D flight file it works fine. I tried a start with ContentErrorReporting=1 and I got an error file with 790 errors from the Carenado B1900D. Now my questions:

- Are there too many errors?

- Are there some errors that P3D4 cannot ignore?

- Some other reason for the crash?

- Does an update for the Carenado B1900D exist? (Most files are from 2014 or 2017)

bb

On 3/31/2023 at 3:56 AM, bbb said:

I use to start the sim in direct mode (SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0) with a saved flight file as command line parameter. This works fine with all my planes exept with the Carenado B1900D I just bought. The simulator crashes just before usually the window would appear that tells now to load terrain data. No error message at all, just return to desktop. If I start P3d4 with SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1 and load in that window the saved B1900D flight file it works fine. I tried a start with ContentErrorReporting=1 and I got an error file with 790 errors from the Carenado B1900D. Now my questions:

- Does an update for the Carenado B1900D exist? (Most files are from 2014 or 2017)

bb

Hmmm, I guess some planes are going to be more problematic than others.

But to answer to at least what I can.

Carenado planes will typically generate a ton of errors, many are irevelent as Carenado usually marks an image file to not load by renaming the gauge reference name to include "inop", however it will generate an error log message as the gauge code still tries to find the image, also many are generated by the format used by some of the comments in the code.

And of course there will be a quantity of syntax and code errors.

In my book any error is too many as it indicates code trying to do something then failing, where each fail takes time away from processing within the sim.

I guess since you get a crash then "yes" would be the answer.

Does the Windows event viewer help ?

e.g. I recently traced a P3D crash to a windows speech issue which in turn was due to FS2's Ulitmate Ground Crew X. The crash would occur on a plane where Ulitmate Ground Crew X was not enabled but Ulitmate Ground Crew X has to be setup in the menus anyway. Nothing showed in the P3D logging but I did find the issue via the Windows event log, where once I'd fixed Windows Speech all was good with P3D and this particular plane (Milviz Beaver DHC-2).

The version I have is a v1.0 I downloaded in 2021 and yes many files are from 2013~2017.

Try asking Carenado support (though I wouldn't put a lot of hope in their response).

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thanks for the answer(s).

19 hours ago, Rogen said:

In my book any error is too many as it indicates code trying to do something then failing, where each fail takes time away from processing within the sim.

Exactly, that's how I started to correct the bugs. Of course, most of the entries in ContentErrors.txt are redundancy. I was able to reduce the number of entries to 30, corresponding to about 8 errors in 4 xml files and 1 dll. So I was able to answer the first question myself. Unfortunately, that and many other configurations did not solve the problem.

bb

I found the cause of the problem. It is the WX_Gauge_3D_1900D.dll in gauge folder. If I deactivate it, no start problem. I just don't know what's missing now in the cockpit. Maybe something like weather radar?

bb

The WX_Gauge_3D-1900D.dll is the Carenado weather radar gauge for the B1900D, without it you will not have weather radar in the 1900.  It might be that the dll has become corrupted or it is possible there is an incompatibility issue with P3D.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.