Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Sharing Panel and sound

Good day to all,Can someone please tell me how can I share Panel and sound in FSX?what I mean by that is in FS2004 we had a folder within the Aircraft folder called FSCONV, and in there I use to put the panel and sound folder that I wanted to share, and in the sound and the panel folder of the Aircraft I refere to the FSCONV file.Now FSX don't have that folder, if I create that file, would it do the same thing as FS2004, or it is a different process all together.Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsWalouigi

Guest JSPuonti

For purposes of aliasing sounds and panels the fsfsconv folder you're speaking of works just like any other plane folder in FSX. You can create it if you want to and place sound and panel folders inside, then link to them from other aircraft just like you can link directly to the sounds and panels of a different aircraft.You could, for example, create this folder structure:SimObjectsAirplanesfsfsconvMySharedSoundThen enter this into the sound.cfg file of the aircraft of your choice:fltsimalias=fsfsconvMySharedSound(note that FLTSIM has to be within brackets - I've omitted them here as they won't show up)I recently installed the PAD DHC8-300 and noticed it uses the fsfsconv folder as described here, so I know it works :)

...and of course you are free to name the folder anything you want that actually makes sense......something that "fsfsconv" never has!Why not simply name it Shared Stuff ??? :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator