Sign in to follow this  
Guest KaelO

Can't switch on GPS autopilot in A321

Guest KaelO

Hey guys,I know I'm missing something so stupid here, but can anybody tell me how to activate the NAV function of the A/P in the A321? I've switched the GPS/NAV switch to GPS, I can set the altitude, VS and airspeed as well as activate the A/P, but aside from the heading button, havn't seen the switch for longitudinal nagigation.Anybody help me....Kael

The LOC button? Is that what you are wanting?It's located just underneath the course and heading knobs on the autopilot. I'm not quite sure what you're asking.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest amis

>Hey guys,>>I know I'm missing something so stupid here, but can anybody>tell me how to activate the NAV function of the A/P in the>A321? I've switched the GPS/NAV switch to GPS, I can set the>altitude, VS and airspeed as well as activate the A/P, but>aside from the heading button, havn't seen the switch for>longitudinal nagigation.>>Anybody help me....>>Kael>VOR LOC buttom is probably what u r looking for.

Guest amis

>Hey guys,>>I know I'm missing something so stupid here, but can anybody>tell me how to activate the NAV function of the A/P in the>A321? I've switched the GPS/NAV switch to GPS, I can set the>altitude, VS and airspeed as well as activate the A/P, but>aside from the heading button, havn't seen the switch for>longitudinal nagigation.>>Anybody help me....>>Kael>LOC buttom is probably what u r looking for.

Guest KaelO

Thanks Guys,I'm looking for the equivilant of the LNAV button. I'll give this LOC button a try and see how we go..Cheers,Kael

>I'm looking for the equivilant of the LNAV button. I'll give>this LOC button a try and see how we go..You are getting strange advice here. LNAV is completely different from LOC (which is used during approach only). If you don't know difference between LNAV and LOC then you should take some time to learn it before flying an Airbus. There must be an LNAV functionality in Airbus though it may be named differently, LNAV is typical Boeing terminology. The other point is that if you are flying the generic A321 in FSX you may be dealing with an autopilot that has little to do with a real aircraft. I don't have FSX, never flew an Airbus so can't help you. Oh, and there is no such thing as "GPS" mode in a real Airbus but who knows what they put into this simulation.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

1. Nav/GPS mode to GPS2. Set Mode Selector to NAV3. Press the LOC button on the Control panel

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest KaelO

>>>I'm looking for the equivilant of the LNAV button. I'll give>>this LOC button a try and see how we go..>>You are getting strange advice here. LNAV is completely>different from LOC (which is used during approach only). Thats what I figured.>If you don't know difference between LNAV and LOC then you should>take some time to learn it before flying an Airbus. I'm familary with LNAV/VNAV and most of the autopilot functions as I fly the LDS 767 and PMDG 747/737 daily. However I've not flown the Airbus before.>I don't have FSX, never flew an Airbus so can't>help you. Oh, and there is no such thing as "GPS" mode in a>real Airbus but who knows what they put into this simulation.>Well, thanks for the constructive post then.