Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Dreamfleet Bonanza in FSX?

Guest JimC1702

Can someone give me some advice on getting the Dreamfleet Bonanza to work in FSX? I installed the Dreamfleet Baron 58 Lite into FSX with no problem, but the Bonanza won't work. I keep getting an error message when I select the plane saying "RXP Service module not found" or "Reality service module not found", I forget which. I keep clicking OK but the box just keeps popping up until FSX freezes and I have to CNTL-ALT-DEL to get out of it.I tried installing directly into FSX, then moving the plane from Aircraft to SimObjects/Airplanes which worked for the Baron. Then I tried installing to a dummy folder and manually copied the files to FSX, still no go.What happens when running the installer is the plane installs fine, the Reality XP gauges seem to install fine, but when the installer tries to run the Garmin trainer it throws an error that the file can't be extracted, access denied. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Jim

That wonderful plane has the Wx500 weather radar and GNS430 Garmin GPS installed within the panel, and only the Wx500 has been updated for FSX. Since they're both stand-alone gauges that are built into the panel, I imagine we'll have to wait until Dreamfleet provides that update. RXP is looking into the upgrade for those units, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that it'll take some major reworking to port them into FSX. Plus, Jean-Luc of RXP is very busy on another project as well. Then the Bonanza has the Sandel gauge. I'm not sure if Eaglesoft has an updated one for FSX, but that's also something that Dreamfleet will address in an update. I replaced mine with the RXP version, but again, it's not FSX compatible.I'm sure a lot of people are hoping to see the DF A36 in FSX, but the new SDK and other factors are making it take longer. I honestly don't see DF not upgrading it for FSX either.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest JimC1702

Thanks for the reply Chris. Guess I'll just have to wait a while longer.Jim

The Eaglesoft Sandel for the DF project was a "one off" deal so any update would have to come from DF or RXP.Hope this help:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Jim.How did you get the Baron to work in FSX? Could give me the step by step instructions to move it over please. I would really appreciate it.Does the Reality-XP guages from the baron work in FSX?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I successfully replaced the RXP Jetline 2 gauges in FSD's T-38 with Simflyer's GLX gauges. http://www.simflyer.net/The GLX gaugges aren't as good or smooth as the RXP gauges but they work in FSX and for $5.00 USD, what the heck. The GLX gauges consist of the same EADI as RXP and a Sandel unit.You might be able to do the same with your Bonanza?

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>Can someone give me some advice on getting the Dreamfleet>Bonanza to work in FSX? I installed the Dreamfleet Baron 58>Lite into FSX with no problem, but the Bonanza won't work. I>keep getting an error message when I select the plane saying>"RXP Service module not found" or "Reality service module not>found", I forget which. I keep clicking OK but the box just>keeps popping up until FSX freezes and I have to CNTL-ALT-DEL>to get out of it.>>I tried installing directly into FSX, then moving the plane>from Aircraft to SimObjects/Airplanes which worked for the>Baron. Then I tried installing to a dummy folder and manually>copied the files to FSX, still no go.>>What happens when running the installer is the plane installs>fine, the Reality XP gauges seem to install fine, but when the>installer tries to run the Garmin trainer it throws an error>that the file can't be extracted, access denied. >>>Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!>>Jim>>If you know how then replacing the gauges might be a good option.There is this http://www.simflyer.net/ place that might have some useful replacements. I was thinking about getting a set for me for some of my custom aircraft I want to use from fs9.No I don't have any of their products, and No I don't work for them. lol

>I successfully replaced the RXP Jetline 2 gauges in FSD's>T-38 with Simflyer's GLX gauges. http://www.simflyer.net/>>The GLX gaugges aren't as good or smooth as the RXP gauges but>they work in FSX and for $5.00 USD, what the heck. The GLX>gauges consist of the same EADI as RXP and a Sandel unit.>>You might be able to do the same with your Bonanza?>I wonder how good Simflyer's other FSX add-ons work?

Guest JimC1702

>Jim.>>How did you get the Baron to work in FSX? Could give me the>step by step instructions to move it over please. I would>really appreciate it.>>Does the Reality-XP guages from the baron work in FSX?>>MannyManny,I have the Baron 58 Lite version, so the Reality XP gauges weren't an isse. I just ran the installer and pointed it to FSX instead of FS9. The installer will create an Aircraft folder and install the plane into it. Then I just moved the plane from the Aircraft folder to the SimObjects/Airplanes folder. Jim

It is my understanding that they use the same gauge engine (for the lack of a better term) as FSX gauges. However, Simflyer dresses them up better.Now, what I just said may be completely off base. So, if anyone knows more about them, speak up please. The GLX are the only ones I own and they work fine. I like them.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>What happens when running the installer is the plane installs>fine, the Reality XP gauges seem to install fine, but when the>installer tries to run the Garmin trainer it throws an error>that the file can't be extracted, access denied. RXP and the Garmin Trainer will not run in FSX. Period.You can comment out all the RXP stuff and run the rest of the panel though.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JeanLuc_

Pretty sharp statement Bill! I'm sure you mean: the FS9 version of the Reality XP product won't run on FSX.Of course, the FSX version of the Reality XP product run on FSX, like the already released Wx500 Weather Radar!The Garmin Trainer will run regardless of the FS version, it depends on the gauge version only (i.e. GNS 430/530 for FS9 or for FSX).Hope this helps!

>Pretty sharp statement Bill! I'm sure you mean: the FS9>version of the Reality XP product won't run on FSX.I was - of course - referring only to the versions of the product contained in the FS9 Dreamfleet Bonanza (the subject of this thread) attempting to be loaded in FSX......which has no bearing whatever on any of the other - non-bundled - products currently available, which may - or may not - work in FSX.Sorry for not being more precise... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator