Sign in to follow this  
1Wolf

ATC AddOn Recommendations

1 hour ago, 1Wolf said:

Just thought of another question I should ask.  While I understand this isn't the VR subforum, I don't want to start a new thread just to ask.

Do any of you using Pilot2ATC also use VR?  How does Pilot2ATC work out for you in VR?

I don't use VR, *BUT* once you have connected P2ATC to the simulator and hit FILE then you don't need to touch the P2ATC window at all..... It's all voice....

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, 1Wolf said:

Just thought of another question I should ask.  While I understand this isn't the VR subforum, I don't want to start a new thread just to ask.

Do any of you using Pilot2ATC also use VR?  How does Pilot2ATC work out for you in VR?

I use Sky4Sim with it. Both the paid and free version can be configured to show the ATC transmission as a notification within the tablet. It works great for that. I just use the main P2A app to create, validate and file my flight plan and after that it stays minimized in VR. 

On 4/2/2023 at 9:55 PM, Bobsk8 said:

PF3 has over one hundred controller voices, Pilot2 ATC comes with two, and additional voices are around $35 each. 

there  are  free  voices  out  there   doesn't  take  long  to add  them  in

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yep  agree  pilot2atc,  dave  is  most helpful  in the  forum

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I tried FSHud and it's a really nice program, however for some reason it progressively slaughters my framerate as the flight goes on, ending as a slideshow. And yes I did try reducing the traffic density.

So I went back to Pilot2ATC, which works rock-solid (when reinstalling I encountered the DB bug, but was able to resolve it thanks to a thread somewhere on this forum). Biggest criticisms I'd have: the voices, not much variety and the reg hack is a bit cumbersome. Of course I could buy voices... instead of airports... hmmm decisions decisions. The ATC-chatter addition works like a charm to fill in the ambiance though.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

18 minutes ago, iborg1979 said:

So I went back to Pilot2ATC, which works rock-solid (when reinstalling I encountered the DB bug, but was able to resolve it thanks to a thread somewhere on this forum). Biggest criticisms I'd have: the voices, not much variety and the reg hack is a bit cumbersome. 

No registry hacks are needed if this tool is used: https://www.neuber.com/free/voicesinstaller/

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

@1Wolf My experience with all ATC addons has been their abysmal simulation of VFR, at least here in Europe, only VATSIM is realistic but then you are limited on when you can fly. As you're based in the USA have you looked into PilotEdge?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I tried P2ATC but was very unimpressed with the prompt window for using the phraseology. It was very clunky and appeared as small text in a large box that had to remain open all the time. Or did I do something wrong, or have I missed something?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

20 hours ago, 1Wolf said:

I use Pilot2ATC in VR all the time. A separate addon (Sky4Sim) allows you to connect to P2A (via the latter's speech to text feature) and see the ATC instructions as a notification in Sky4Sim. 

https://sky4sim.com/pilot2atc-inside-msfs/

For me, also Pilot2ATC all the way, being a non english native speaker i always had some difficulties talking to human atc so P2atc was a game changer for me.

As for the voices, this youtuber managed to put the voices from Amazon polly working with P2atc, and they sound pretty good, but as costs.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thanks again!

Thats terrific.  I'm actually already a Sky4Sim user.  I've just only started looking into some better ATC so I completely forgot that Sky4Sim has a Pilot2ATC interface.  When I wasn't using P2A I just had no reason to look at that tab and forgot it was even there.  Thats great news.

I've got P2A installed now and am slowly working my way through learning it.  I just need to figure out how to get that ATC-chatter installed everyone is talking about and finish reading the manual.

This should be a great help to me.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I tried P2ATC but was very unimpressed with the prompt window for using the phraseology. It was very clunky and appeared as small text in a large box that had to remain open all the time. Or did I do something wrong, or have I missed something?

I think your end goal should be to use it with the app window completely minimized. If you have your co-pilot respond and tunr radios then your only speaking for clearance, pushback, on final and taxiing to parking. Your co-pilot will handle every other interaction. 

Then you get the benefit of dynamically assigned SIDS, STARS and approaches and all the other features of P2A.

• Like 2

Does anyone recommend a program for those who don't have, or want, to use a microphone? P2A won't even function without one installed.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

Does anyone recommend a program for those who don't have, or want, to use a microphone? P2A won't even function without one installed.

Imho FSHud is the best for when you don't want to use a mic. Most other ATC-addons either have a large or ugly interface you need to keep open all the time and if not (ProATC) then the support of the program leaves a lot to be desired. For MY kind of use FSHud is absolutely perfect and it will only get better when the next big update comes. But again, this is the case for MY kind of use. I don't care at ALL for useless fake chatter or ATC that does NOT actually control the traffic (!). And I don't care for ATC whenever I fly VFR. To each his own. 😉

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2