Sign in to follow this  
steelrfan85

Can't get jetways to connect

My jet has power and radios are on but I can't get the jetway to connect. GSX said operation was complete even though it didn't move.  None of the AI were connected either. Please help. 

Maybe this might help from the GSX manual. You have to configure 3rd party gates, otherwise they won't work.

FsDreamTeam GSX Pro - Ground Services for MSFS - page 7 Configuring Jetway replacement in airports GSX comes with a set of Jetway replacement .BGLs that are designed to replace jetways at all airports that comes with default Jetways, based on their positions in the default scenery. There’s a separate .BGL for each ICAO code that has at least one Jetway in the default scenery. Jetway Replacements and 3rd party airports Since GSX doesn’t change the default Asobo model, it won’t affect 3rd party airports, regardless if they use the default model or a custom model. HOWEVER, the Jetway replacement .BGL from FSDT will likely get an higher priority over other sceneries, so if you want to prevent GSX Jetways to show at 3rd party airports, the Config option in the FSDT Installer has a page that allows you to Exclude specific airports from the replacement set. The page presents two lists, “Enabled” on the left, and “Disabled” on the right, showing which airports are active for Jetway replacement and which are Disabled, showing the Jetway the airport originally came with. By default, when installing GSX, it will recognize any FSDT scenery you already had installed, and will place them in the “Disabled” list automatically. You can scroll the list, or just search for an ICAO, by typing something in the “Search Pattern” text field, to quickly find a specific airport in the list of 900+ that have Jetways in the default database. To disable an airport, double-click on its name in the “Enabled” list, which will move it to the “Disabled” list, or click the button with the > sign. To enable an airport for jetway replacement, double-click on its name in the “Disabled” list, which will move it to the “Enabled” list, or click the button with the < sign. The >>> button will place ALL airports in the Disabled list. This will effectively disable Jetway replacement altogether, reverting the whole world to the single default model. The <<< button will place ALL airports in the Enabled list. This will replace Jetways at every airport, worldwide. This is equivalent to the “Reset Defaults” button. The “Exclude 3rd party” button will automatically move all the installed 3rd party airport in the “Disabled” list, it’s typically used after installing a new scenery. In order to be successfully recognized, airport packages must use the standard MSFS naming convention developer-airport-icao-name. Also, please note that airports from Asobo and Microsoft won’t be automatically disabled, because considering they all use the default Jetway model, we assumed you’d want to have those Jetways replaced by GSX, so Asobo/Microsoft airports are not automatically added for Jetway replacement, but they be selected manually. Jetway replacements and Encrypted Airports Airports belonging to the Premium packages are Encrypted, which means GSX can’t read those, and since the Jetway replacement .BGL supplied with GSX is based on the Jetway positions from the default airport (the standard non-encrypted version), it’s possible, depending on the airport, that positioning of GSX replacement jetways might not look as good as it could be, if we could read the Premium encrypted version of the airport. This might be another reason why you might want to exclude an airport from Jetway replacement, even if it’s not 3rd party. Airport Services In addition to about 900 airport .BGLs that replace Jetways, GS

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

It could also be an airport add-on with a faulty "airportservices" which would disable all ground services. Check with all add-ons disabled, go to a default but improved Asobo airport, with default ini a310 at gate and see if it works then.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Also disable extra ground clutter in the GSX config menu and check the SU12 API.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 hour ago, steelrfan85 said:

So I want to enable for 3rd party like KTPA,KMIA,KORD etc

That's fine, but first you should try if all ground services work correctly without any add-on active.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Seemed to work fine. I didn't have tow spawn in a jetway.  I want all the jetways to be operated my GSX. So would I hit enable all for GSX to operate all?