Sign in to follow this  
Emile

FSX slow to load all of a sudden

Here we go ,Thanks <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - Launchdll.xmlFalseFalse - Object Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll- Traffic ToolboxFalseFalseD:Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll- Visual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll- FSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll

George,The second line begins with a "-". Was that added during the copy and paste process or does it exist in your file?Bob...

Guest cwright

Phil, After reading your post I immediately fired up FSX and loaded a flight in NZ. It made no difference. The progress indicator still froze at 6% for about two minutes and Filemon showed heavy access of the Horizon UK scenery. I have SP1 installed.Also, I'm amazed at your statement. You're saying that accessing UK scenery when starting a Japan flight is intentional, or at least a result of the system design. If that's so then I would suggest the system design is faulty. As I said in my previous post, it makes no sense. It means that whenever starting a flight, much of the installed but entirely unrelated scenery will be accessed. With the increasing use of high resolution photoreal scenery this will lead to long loading times for many people. Hopefully you will be able to improve things with SP2.Best regards, Chris

Hello,Since several days the load time become very long (more than 5 minutes) MORE the FSX runs now at 100% CPU (before it was 60-70%) .I search the reason but I do not find !! I have attached a partial copy of the filemon.log (zipped) taken while FSX is running, it seams that FSX is reading again and again the entire contents of my addon scenery = 20 Gbytes, this is millions of I/O accesses !!This .log has been taken when I fly in India from the city of Srinagar, so I do not understand all the accesses to Addon Scenery files related to Europe, USA, .....Can any one suggest a direction for searching/solving?Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest MauiHawk

When I saw this thread, I was relieved because I thought someone else was seeing the same issue I was. After reading through it, though, I don't think anyone here is seeing my issue. This weekend is the first chance I've had in 3-4 weeks to fire up FSX. I've tried 2 flights so far, the second after a fresh reboot and I timed the load of the flight the second time -- 42 minutes.:-madWhat is striking to me about this is it doesn't seem to be any particular phase of the load process that is slow, its all of them. While I have seen terrain loading times go up and down, things like land, sea, and air traffic have always seemed to load at consistent speeds in the past. Now even traffic takes forever to load (I think it spent about 10 minutes loading just the traffic). I have even noticed steps in the loading process I had never seen before now that things are loading so slow (such as creating world-wide weather, and something about air traffic control). It is as if I am running on a 286 system or something.Worse than this excruciating load time, I now have blurries from ####. Even though fps seems about normal, I see virtually no sign that terrain is loading (I suspect it actually is, but doing so at the rate at which things were moving in the loading process). After flying outside of the the initial halo of tiles that FSX spent half an hour loading, there is nothing but a sea of mush. Even after pausing for a couple minutes I didn't see any tiles loading.:-mad :-madI haven't tried any of the suggestions here yet, but it looks like my situation is quite different and I'm not using any photoscenery. I'm guessing its re-install time, but since I'll probabaly have to do it for SP2 as well, I suppose I'll just wait till then (don't get me wrong I love talking to the folks in India, but once every few months is enough).FSX SP1ASX/XGUltimate Terrain XUltimateTraffic (for FSX)Vista 32 (all recommended updates installed)AMD X2 @ 2.5 GHz2 Gig ram8800 GTS 640mb:-mad :-mad :-mad

Have you tried setting the Water Effects to zerobefore the next reboot of FSX?It worked for me.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest cbuchner1

large folder structures inside the Microsoft Flight Simulator X program folder tend to slow down the program on start.Some of the service cache folders of Tileproxy for example can easily contian tens of thousands of files - and this tends to slow down FSX considerably during startup. My workaround was to move the service cache folders one level up into the Microsoft Games folder. e.g cache_folder=cache.service2 becomes cache_folder=....cache.service2Maybe you recently installed some add-ons (or even Tileproxy) and that may have slowed down the FSX startup. Also a virus scanner running in the background can also slow down things considerably.I would also advise to move any commercial photo scenery folders to a different drive (or a folder outside of Flight Simulator X) and to fix up the scenery.cfg paths manually. Then your FSX loading time should be much better.

The main thing I have not been able to determine is why this happens sometimes (the slow or never ending loading of files) and not other times. It

Hehe, yes I realise :) All I meant was that I had found out what was causing the slowdown. I intend to keep the line in there.Vox

I dont know what you would be testing in SP1, as the fix for loading NZ when flying in the UK is in SP2.We are not changing core engine behavior in a service pack; this can be mitigated by the authoring style of the scenery add-on and is why not all scenery add-ons show this issue.

Guest MauiHawk

>Have you tried setting the Water Effects to zero>before the next reboot of FSX?>It worked for me.>Peter Sydney AustraliaI'll try that... but was it taking 40 mintues to load a flight for you? I kinda think I have a whole different kind of problem. Next time I get a chance I will try your suggestion, but I see this heading toward a re-install...

Guest baksteen33

Hi Missionballer, anything which is added to SimObjects increases load times. It's FSX's scan_upon_boot function and isn't related to particular AI addons. On average, My Traffic X adds ca 30-50s to initial load times. Anything longer than that (with MTX alone) could indicate something is sub-optimal regarding IO. Maybe an option to only install defined aircraft types (IFR, VFR, Mil), is something to look at? OTOH, is the 10-15 seconds shorter wait really worth the hassle? Opinions are welcome. Cheers and kind regards Jaap