Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Gulfstream Aircraft

Guest adamnardone

Hi guys,I've been away from FS for a very long time. I'm now back up and running and in desperate need of finding a good quality Gulfstream G5 or 550 for FS X or FS9. I don't mind tinkering with sounds and panels to get exactly what I want but I'm looking for a something to get me started that is good quality particulally in terms of the model. Any help would be appriciated?!Thanks,Adam Nardone

Guest adamnardone

Or any other good business jet packages that anyone can recommend?

Guest Alkit

I have the same wish for long time. I don't see any good one in the free or pay market. Gulfstream, Dassault are both skipped in the market : (

>Or any other good business jet packages that anyone can>recommend?http://eaglesoftdg.comYou won't find any GV, or any Gulfstream - most especially payware - since General Dynamics adamantly refuses to grant permission to model their aircraft. Period. End of Sentence.It's not as though folks haven't tried to get permission!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest adamnardone

Bill,I thought I'd heard that before actually. Such a shame though. I'll head on over to Eaglesoft. Thanks,

>I have the same wish for long time. I don't see any good one>in the free or pay market. Gulfstream, Dassault are both>skipped in the market : (There's a freeware developer over at Contrail Designs who is working on what looks like a VERY nice G-VI model. http://contrail-designs.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=385If you do a search in the POSKY forums, you'll see some additional screenshots. I think Hiroshi from POSKY was helping the guy out with some modeling challenges. Anyway.. it looks very promising, though I doubt there will be a panel to go with it.- Alex

Hello Adam and welcome back:As far as I know, there is not much hope AT THE MOMENT for Executive Jets in FSX with the exception of the Eaglesoft CJ1 and II, along with the default Learjet. I anxiously await the new Citation X from Eaglesoft which sounds like a dandy.However, You state: "....desperate need of finding a good quality Gulfstream G5 or 550 for FS X or FS9."In FS9 three of my all time favorites are the Falcon 50, Citation X (Eaglesoft), and the Gulfstream IV and V. Unfortunately, none of the three are quite right for FSX.I do not remember whether some of the following files came from this site or the FlightSim site so you may want to do a search on both sites. For the aircraft, I recommend both Mike Stone's and Peter Brun's (LinderDesigns) downloads for the Gulfstream V.Mike's is, "squlf5.zip". Peter's is, "ldgv1.2.zip" (downloaded from avsim).I would recommend an advanced search for the author to see all that these two gentlemen have contributed to FlightSim.For a panel, I recommend, "gulfst04.zip" thanks to Marco Spada. Unfortunately this panel uses the old FS98 gauges and will not work in FSX. Due to this fact, I am about to try the above Gulfstreams with whatever other panel I can find that will work. I know I had two or three years ago that I tried from other sources but don't remember what they were now. May have to give the default lear panel a shot.A few other files that I have relative to the Gulfstreams are as follows: I don't even remember what they all are, but they might be worth a peek to you.g100-moz.zipG-IV Pax Source Files.zipgulfstream-ivv3.zipgulfstream-v-updated.zipusafgulf.zipThere are probably a number of repaints as well.I have attached four screenshots of my Gulfstream V's. The bird with the straight markings is one of Mike's designs. The bird with the curved markings is one of Peter's. The panel without the FuelStat, Speed, added shotcuts etc. is the original by Marco. The one with the additions is my final preference.For what it is worth!!!!Good luck:RTH

Guest adamnardone

RTH,Thanks for your help. I'll be sure to give them all a look. In the mean time I went ahead and bout for the Citation X package from Wilco. Fell in love with that when I saw it as the Eaglesoft is not yet compatible for FSX. Keep an eye out for a Citation X around London City on VATSIM in the not too distant future...Regards,

Well, the three Gulfstream panels that I found by a search did not work in FSX.I did install the FSX Lear panel. With a few edits it seems to work fine. Engine sound could barely be heard. The original sound.cfg aliased to the Learjet. It did not like being aliased to the FSX Learjet sound file. Replace the sound file with the default FS9 Learjet sound file and it does fine.A brake error message was constant although brakes worked with no problems. In the aircraft.cfg file, replace the brake and hydraulic sections with those that are in the FSX LearJet aircraft.cfg. The alarm goes away.You also need to edit the autopilot section of the aircraft.cfg so that autothrottle arming is not required so that the autopilot will control speed well. (edit the "1" to "0". An alternative to that would be to edit the panel to have an autothrottle switch if one so prefers.It isn't a Gulfsteam V Panel, but so far everything works near as I can tell, and will give the capability of having Gulfstream V's in FSX. They fly higher, faster, farther and with more people than just about anything unless you go to the super heavies. IMHO it is one of the finest birds ever built in the real world. I guess one could do the same thing with the Falcon 50, but having a three engine Jet with a two engine panel would be a bit dingy.Happy Flying:RTHEdit: One needs to edit the radio section of the aircraft.cfg as well. Simply replace it with that section of the FSX Lear aircraft.cfg.