Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Leonardo Maddog WX radar - no fuss

I know current state of MSFS it doesn't allow for  fully realistic WX radar, but to me it's better to have basic than none. WX radar still adds immersion factor. Take a look below

image.png?width=2136&height=1201

• Like 12
  • Upvote 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

With this i am on your side..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Yes, totally agree! Love my maddog weather radar!

Edited by rob0203

Looking forward to getting working wx in my market place bought Cessna 414…today…hopefully?

I had a flight into Austin today. Was surprised to see it somewhat working. I had totally forgot. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yes i also used it today at EHAM making me want to turn on antiice a head of time.

Nice addition

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

A great example of not letting perfect be the enemy of good.

• Like 8

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

totally agree - one of the more frustrating issues with other payware developers.  

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I agree.

Though the current simulation of WX radars are far from optimum, it´s better to have what we got rather than not having it.

It´s up to each flightsimmer to choose whether to use it or not.

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Completely agree, I wish that PMDG, Fenix, etc. would do the same and implement the Asobo solution. I think we're a long way from getting realistic radar returns, and not having a weather radar limits the experience (IMO)

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757FO said:

Completely agree, I wish that PMDG, Fenix, etc. would do the same and implement the Asobo solution. I think we're a long way from getting realistic radar returns, and not having a weather radar limits the experience (IMO)

John

But if every dev are accepting MSFS current radar, even as a temporary solution, it might push the development of a new version from Asobo back, since it will be much less a priority

23 minutes ago, bendead said:

But if every dev are accepting MSFS current radar, even as a temporary solution, it might push the development of a new version from Asobo back, since it will be much less a priority

Weather radar was available since release of MSFS and featured nearly in all  Carenado aircraft that support it in IRL. It didn't stop Asobo for developing API for WASM because other developers wanted to use other technology. Another example could GNS and G3000 that were so far from perfect and featured in many high fidelity 3rd part add ons, yet again it didn't stop Asobo for hiring WT and improving in this department

16 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Weather radar was available since release of MSFS and featured nearly in all  Carenado aircraft that support it in IRL. It didn't stop Asobo for developing API for WASM because other developers wanted to use other technology. Another example could GNS and G3000 that were so far from perfect and featured in many high fidelity 3rd part add ons, yet again it didn't stop Asobo for hiring WT and improving in this department

But it does not seems to be only a technical issue here, as the WT exemple you cited above, it's also what can request Asobo from Meteoblue, which seems to be the blocking element for a more complex weather radar or at least raw data access so third party devs can make their own.

if the dev are vocal about it, from what I saw on MSFS dev forum, it's the case, and prefer no radar instead of the default one, we might see a real improvement one day, if everyone is using the default one, we might have to stick with that.

The IRL A320 weather radar for exemple shows so much more than what Asobo has right now 

spacer.png

Edited by bendead

10 minutes ago, bendead said:

But it does not seems to be only a technical issue here, as the WT exemple you cited above, it's also what can request Asobo from Meteoblue, which seems to be the blocking element for a more complex weather radar or at least raw data access so third party devs can make their own.

if the dev are vocal about it, from what I saw on MSFS dev forum, it's the case, and prefer no radar instead of the default one, we might see a real improvement one day, if everyone is using the default one, we might have to stick with that.

The IRL A320 weather radar for exemple shows so much more than what Asobo has right now 

spacer.png

You are not getting my point. There is no conflict between getting vocal about something and compromising in a meantime. WT is good example. We used GNS430/530 in numerous airplanes before they got improved

Just now, sd_flyer said:

You are not getting my point. There is no conflict between getting vocal about something and compromising in a meantime. WT is good example. We used GNS430/530 in numerous airplanes before they got improved

I would not put the addon plane using the GNS unit in the same category as the Fenix A320, they are even working to massively improve, the engine model, display, EFB and even the 3D model and some textures on the Airbus, while a lot of people won't really see the difference. They don't really like to compromise.

As for the GNS430/530, which is a massive plus for navigation, of course dev used them before the WT update, I don't expect to see devs releasing all their previous GA airplanes with only steam gauge, until the WT update was release.