Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Leonardo Maddog WX radar - no fuss

11 minutes ago, bendead said:

I would not put the addon plane using the GNS unit in the same category as the Fenix A320

I really don't follow your logic. So SWS Kodiak, Milviz 310, Flysimware 414 are in "mickey mouse" category and shouldn't be released until they reach Finix level? MSFS by itself is a compromise - in fact any sim is

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I really don't follow your logic. So SWS Kodiak, Milviz 310, Flysimware 414 are in "mickey mouse" category and shouldn't be released until they reach Finix level? MSFS by itself is a compromise - in fact any sim is

You start to mix things, SWS Kodiak, Milviz 310, Flysimware 414 and many other used GNS systems, even when it was not the best at the beginning, because it's expected to have those, not mandatory but still, compared to a weather radar where you can fly without it

You can fly VFR or with VOR/ADF, but GNS unit adds a lot of ease of use and quality of life, and the first to improve it was PMS, not WT.

PMDG and Fenix decided it was not good enough for the vision they have for their simulation. I often hear here, if you don't like something about an addon, don't buy it. In the case of PMDG and Fenix they don't use it, and I think it will put V2 weather radar higher in priority than if they did implemented the current version, since Asobo still need to work on so many thing to improve the sim, but if you disagree with that, hey it's life. 

3 hours ago, bendead said:

PMDG and Fenix decided it was not good enough for the vision they have for their simulation. 

So incorrect ground physics is good enough for their simulation? Ironic isn't ? They choose to compromise with one but don't want to compromise with another. It's a slippery slope...

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI