Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

Program shuts down in flight?

Just downloaded the new clips of Canada and Asia, although for some reason I get an error window that pops-up during my flights saying the program fails and I have to restart the app, it doesn't crash the PC just the ATC chatter app shuts down? Seem like it's happening more frequently with this new batch of clips? Which is odd because lately I have only been flying in the US. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I did a flight from KORS to KOTH (approx 350miles) and it happend 4 times during the flight?

P.S. Still using P3D v2.4.

Thanks - Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

11 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Just downloaded the new clips of Canada and Asia, although for some reason I get an error window that pops-up during my flights saying the program fails and I have to restart the app, it doesn't crash the PC just the ATC chatter app shuts down? Seem like it's happening more frequently with this new batch of clips? Which is odd because lately I have only been flying in the US. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I did a flight from KORS to KOTH (approx 350miles) and it happend 4 times during the flight?

P.S. Still using P3D v2.4.

Thanks - Martin

Martin,

After it crashes can you please save the log files in the FS-ATC-Chatter folder and then contact me at:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/contact/

Once we are in contact you will be able to send me those log files. Alternatively, you can zip them up and post a drop-box link to them here.

Mark

Mark, Just sent them, as I mentioned I had a 5hr flight yesterday with no problem, not sure what was going on the other day. If it happens again I will send you the detail info the error message throws up on the screen?

Thanks again

Martin

Had the program stop today so I sent you the new log file 4/8 and this from the Windows message? Thanks!

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    FS-ATC-Chatter.exe
  Application Version:    1.2.1.0
  Application Timestamp:    ac3f2ca8
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:    521ea8e7
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0005b6ac
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    abcc
  Additional Information 2:    abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9
  Additional Information 3:    abcc
  Additional Information 4:    abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9

On 4/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, MartinRex007 said:

First chance I get I'll try the Beta.

Thx Martin

Also, try running it as an administrator. Someone commented on YouTube that made a difference although I can't imagine why it would.

Mark