Sign in to follow this  
samisahusky

LNM 2.8.9 not showing correct parking info MSFS

I had taken a break from FS from about mid December until mid March. I made sure everything was updated for all the addons, mods, etc for MSFS which included little nav map. I am now noticing that the gate/parking info showing on LNM is not matching what is actually in the AFCAD files for the addon airports. I do not recall this issue with the version of LNM I was running in December. All other programs (GSX and PF3 used mostly) are reading the files correctly, but LNM is not.

For an example: I have downloaded a freeware KDTW from flightsim.to and rebuilt the scenery database in LNM. On arrival to KDTW, PF3 ATC instructs me to taxi to gate A54. I select gate A54 and a follow-me from GSX. Follow-me arrives and leads me to the gate, with PF3 giving proper call-outs to the taxiways including "turn left to gate" when gate A54 was just slightly ahead and to the left. GSX vehicle pulled into the gate clearly marked as A54 on the scenery. LNM, shows that gate as gate A39. I have come across this same issue a couple of other times with other airports, but cannot remember which ones exactly aside for also KHOU.

Is there some setting that was changed in this version, or what is causing my addon airports to not be displayed correctly anymore in LNM? Older versions of LNM showed the parking and gate information correctly for all addon airports.

Here is a screenshot of KHOU showing the AFCAD file installed in the community folder (which is read fine by everything else) for gate 41 according to the AFCAD, but LNM shows it as gate 10 and is also missing gates that are in the AFCAD -- https://prnt.sc/OCs_RuejDDsP

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

One reason might be an encrypted airport (https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#no-airport-msfs) but I suppose not in this case.
KHOU looks different from your screenshot here.
Keep in mind that AFCAD reads only one airport BGL while LNM reads a whole stack of files including stock which is then (partially) overridden by add-ons.
Also ignore the gate numbers in the background map (OpenStreetMap in the shot below). I don't know if these are up to date and the LNM display has to match the sim and not the OSM.

Did you reload the LNM scenery library after installing the airport?
Anything excluded in options on page "Scenery Library Database"?
What does the section "Data Sources" on the tab "Airport" -> "Overview" in the information window say (see red mark below)?

grafik.png

Alex

@albar965 I did reload the scenery database after every addon installed (I generally add a new airport every week either freeware from Flightsim.to or payware from the developer and never from the store in MSFS). Additionally, there is nothing excluded from the scenery library options.

Here is a screenshot of what KHOU shows for me for the data sources: https://prnt.sc/9_nr_H3qyO_v

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

Hi Steven,

quite a few layers forming this airport. Each one consists of a BGL file which replaces or removes features from the stock airport. An over complicated mess FSX, P3D and MSFS use there.

Generic and Base is the MSFS stock airport data. On top of the add-on airport comes Navigraph which replaces procedures but these are not used by LNM (consider this when using Navigraph data: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/SCENERY.html#load-scenery-library-dialog-msfs-apt-navdata).

Not sure what GSX is doing there. Maybe this file modifies the parking spots. I'd try to exclude the GSX folder Z:\GSX\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways from loading in LNM. You can send me the GSX BGL files if this does not help.

Whats shown in your screenshot https://prnt.sc/OCs_RuejDDsP is the stock layout, BTW.

Alex

Hi there, sorry for blending in. For the GSX-Jetways - On Page 7 of the actual GSX manual "Jetway Replacements and 3rd party airports" is described how to get rid of that layer. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the late reply. I've got work and school I'm up against lol. I'll try excluding the GSX folder with the new LNM update and see what that looks like. Thanks!

On 4/9/2023 at 11:07 AM, stubenflug said:

Hi there, sorry for blending in. For the GSX-Jetways - On Page 7 of the actual GSX manual "Jetway Replacements and 3rd party airports" is described how to get rid of that layer. 

My understanding of this note in the user manual is that World of Jetways could make itself a higher priority than the addon scenery thereby overriding the jetway placements. Since most of my addon airports still use the default jetways, I do not want to disable those from GSX, as I DO want GSX to generate jetways for those airports since they are usually not part of the addon scenery. If I purchased a 3rd party airport that had custom jetways, then I would want to disable GSX from overwriting those.

That's my understanding of it.

After excluding the World of Jetways folder from LNM scenery database, and excluding 3rd party airports from GSX config, LNM is showing correctly now (only checked KHOU and KDTW). Thanks to both of you for the replies and help!

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 2:49 AM, samisahusky said:

Since most of my addon airports still use the default jetways, I do not want to disable those from GSX, as I DO want GSX to generate jetways for those airports since they are usually not part of the addon scenery

That problem is, GSX is not designed to do that, because it achieves Jetway replacement by using a set of .BGL which are made starting from the default Navadata, so all those parking positions and their association with the jetway is only valid for default airports.

If you try to use GSX to replace jetways at 3rd party airport, and don't Disable the GSX replacement .BGL for that airport, you are introducing a conflict in the sim, which will show up as double parking spots in the World Map.

Always run the GSX Config panel after installing a new 3rd party airport, and be sure its code is on the Disabled list. If it's not, it can be Disabled either automatically with the "Exclude 3rd party" button (if the scenery package name conforms to the MS suggested standard), or manually, by adding its code to the Disabled list.

If you never use Default airports, you might find it easier to Disable all GSX Jetway replacement files at once, by using the >>> button there.

• Upvote 2