Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

which tool to compile ai flightplans?

Guest delsimflyer

which tool is recommended to convert and compile addon fs9 ai flightplans TXTs to fsx?

I have used AIFPC with good results.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

AIFPC will do exactly what you are asking for. Very simple to use too.

Guest delsimflyer

are you guys having no problems with its FPs at all?I am getting some legs of my FPs working OK, but on some legs of the same FPs, the planes are directly popping up on the parkings. None of you are experiencing this, or am I doing something silly?

You'll have to be more specific. I do have some comments about what I think you're getting at:Do you mean, you move yourself to X airport at Y time, and the aircraft is there, when you think it's supposed to be in the process of landing?If so, keep in mind that FS will warp AI to the airport if you're within X number of minutes from the ETA.In other words, if the aircraft is scheduled to land at 6:17am, if you go to the airport at 6:16 am expecting to see it land, try again, you won't. It will be happily sitting at a parking spot, assuming your airport has parking for it.You'll have to go further back in time to watch it land. How far back in time depends on the length of the flight. On a short 30 minute flight that might only be 10-15 minutes back.Once you go far enough back in time, the aircraft will be 10-20-30-50 miles out, on its way in (you can use Traffic Explorer to find it).Unfortunately, this is one of those things that is not in the SDK but is only discoverable by observation.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest delsimflyer

I am doing exactly as you say, going 10-15 minutes back to find it 30-40 miles enroute. I wait for sometime with my view fixed on the parkings, and I find is that the plane just magically pops up sitting on a parking.If you have used fs9 then you might remember almost the same type of thing happening when you dont remove the @ from the flightplans.txt before compiling. The planes used to popup directly on the parking and not on approach.hope you get what I am trying to say.

FSX is no different then FS9 if you are using FP's that were made with TTools.You MUST have the @ present in the FP and the aircraft.txt speeds for all Jet aircraft MUST BE IAS and not TAS before the FP is compiled.Once this is done then you convert the TTool FP from FS9 to FSX with AIFPC. AIFPC does not strip out the @ during the convert process.You can also use a WOAI decompiled FP to see how a proper technique FP is built for setting IAS when @ is present. If the FP designer did not add the @ using the correct Aircraft.txt speeds then you can use the ATsymbol.zip utility and add the @ to the FP's.However, before you lock the arrival time it must be set to the proper arrival GATE time which will force a back time into the arrival of the Active AI visual zone by 15 - 22 minutes.

>where do i download this?>Download what?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

quote; download what?aifpc?he jim can u give me a smaple of what i need to do to get them into fsx proper format?here is what i have right now:AC#9327,220,"US Airways Embraer 190"is that what u are talking about with the 220 being the speed?

Guest delsimflyer

>>>>here is what i have right now:>>AC#9327,220,"US Airways Embraer 190">>>>Yes that is the speed required which resembles IAS that must>be used when @ is present.>>why so? to me it looks much lesser than the cruise speed

>what do u mean when @ is prensent?He means in the TTools flight plan. The @ was a symbol used in those plans.FSX doesn't require (actually it doesn't use) an arrival time with its format.Really, to correctly and fully diagnose these types of problems, more information should be examined, namely, a) the relevant AFCADs/airport sceneries, and :( the complete flight plan(s)...and furthermore it takes a lot of time, patience and research.One thing I like about the AI system is that there IS always a reason why something happens. Things just don't happen for no reason. If you have aircraft popping up or aircraft disappearing, there is a logical reason that can be traced. The problem is a lot of that info is not in the SDK.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett