Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Fenixsim A320 Is A Work Of Art...

12 minutes ago, supersym said:

the Fenix A32 is amazing but don't do that  :

Actually the wingflex animation is way nicer on the Fenix than on PMDG 737, it’s a smoother animation feels more organic and you can almost feel the metal banding. Btw the flaps also vibrate due to airflow and also on touchdown wich the PMDG doesn’t. The PMDG 737 wingflex feels scripted, the animation lacks frame rates and is the same on both wings, on the Fenix the wing flex feels really natural. Honesty on visual no other plane comes close to it, and it’s only V1. Looking forward to the FBW A380 and hopefully a complete rebuild of the FBWA32NX 3D model and texture

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Oh ! Sorry ! I wrote a mistake...

But I couldn't get that with the Fenix... weird

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Because the wing of an A320 are stiffer than those of the 737. So the wingflex is less noticeable on those A320Ceo without sharklet than on the 737. So it should be easier for PMDG to model such an obvious wingflex but they fall short in my opinion even the Zibo mod has better a better wingflex animation. Tbh It’s not “bad” but MSFS standard require better today.

on the Fenix, you won’t sea the wing bouncing like that in calm air, you won’t see that on a real life A320 either. But thing get’s interesting when the plane pass though turbulences or even when the flight contrôle surfaces moves, you then see how greatly it is done 

What about "engine wobble"? Is that simulated?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Anyone who knows:

1.  Total performance now in the Fenix?

2.  Does Fenix play well w/ DX12?

I've resisted Fenix because FBW A320NX is as good as it is, but does not play well w/ DX12 and a major stutter happens whenever the ATC window is opened or closed (unlike any other planes I use inc PMDG), so I've take to leaving it open and minimizing it which works, but points to performance issues with it, so I'm a little more open to Fenix than I have been because of those things.

Hey Noel,

I have been trying DX12 for the last week and had zero issues in the Fenix or PMDG. Performance seems pretty decent, The one thing I am seeing in DX12 is consistently higher VRAM than DX11, have seen up to 18GB on my 3090. As you know I have used your methodology and 45fps is my sweet spot  but even if the fps do drop periodically the sim is still nice and smooth. Yes the PMDG is a little easier on the system but I have no problems holding 45fps in the Fenix. I really enjoy flying them both. I have never seen the stutter opening the ATC window either in any aircraft. 

Safe travels

Edited by RJC68
  • Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

3 hours ago, altenae said:

Within a year FBW 320N will surpass the Fenix. 

I am sure about that. 

It already  surpasses the Fenix on some points 

In what ways?  I haven't flown the FBW since Fenix was released but am curious what surpasses Fenix.  I am not knocking it, I would just love to hear the differences.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

27 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What about "engine wobble"? Is that simulated?

Sadly not yet, let's see what V2 brings with it, but I dont think any airliners got thoses modeled in MSFS at the moment

50 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

In what ways?  I haven't flown the FBW since Fenix was released but am curious what surpasses Fenix.  I am not knocking it, I would just love to hear the differences.

I will say, the FBW is a lot faster to get in the air with the behind-the-scenes auto calculations for speed, zfw, etc. I pretty much just need to hit the APU/ADIRS/Fuel Pumps, set up the FMC and I am good to go.

The Fenix does not have an option to auto-align the ADIRS. So, in terms of cold setup the Fenix feels like it takes about as long as the PMDG.

I think the EFB is better on the FBW with more information displayed on the screen.

The rest of it, feels like it's close to a wash taking into account the engine differences. Obviously, as mentioned, VNAV/RNAV is a catch up area for the FBW>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyril972 said:

Sadly not yet, let's see what V2 brings with it, but I dont think any airliners got thoses modeled in MSFS at the moment

To be honest, I have no idea if that is simulated on any platform.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, altenae said:

Within a year FBW 320N will surpass the Fenix. 

I am sure about that. 

It already  surpasses the Fenix on some points 

This was the most fun comment i've read in 2023 here at AVSIM. Some people actually believe the FBW resembles an A320 in operation.

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This was the most fun comment i've read in 2023 here at AVSIM. Some people actually believe the FBW resembles an A320 in operation.

I for one are one of those individuals. Upon what evidence do you base your provocative comment?

13 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I'm curious to see the points supporting your assertion in more detail.

I personally have no opinion one way or the other. I'm just curious as to exactly the reasons behind making such an assertion.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

10 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I'm curious to see the points supporting your assertion in more detail.

I am curious too. I have actually never flown the FBW 320, don't think I have once even launched the aircraft and curranty have it uninstalled, but I am interested to know why it is seen to be such a hopeless project.

Dan Scott

13 minutes ago, Cognita said:

but I am interested to know why it is seen to be such a hopeless project.

Friend, you are quite out of touch. The collective judgement on FBW and the FBW team of volunteers is that the FBW a320 and upcoming a380 are probably the most ambitious and successful freeware package ever created for a flight simulator. 

Now I’m curious as to what would have motivated you to provide such an uninformed comment?

-B

Have the Fenix already fixed the Steering disconnect button logic?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...