Sign in to follow this  
Guest ightenhill

no buildings at heathrow

Can anyone tell me how i get the buildings to appear at heathrow i have the runways airstairs and all the parking markings but not a single building is this normal?

What are your scenery sliders set for? Should be at least Normal or above.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That can also happen with extreme video memory starvation.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Then that leaves only two possibilities:1) missing or damaged scenery bgls, or2) video memory starvation.#2 above can indeed occur on a system of your specifications. It just depends on how much you are loading down the system. Heathrow is a demanding site in the FS world, with lots of AI, lots of 3D buildings, lots of xml autogen, and the close proximity of several large airports (Stansted, Gatwick, etc.)The behavior I have observed in FSX is that when the sys is taxed, two things get pushed to the back-burner...texture sharpness (blurries) and the display of 3D objects.All of this is done (as has been said by MS) to maintain framerate above all other considerations.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest bertvankampen

>Can anyone tell me how i get the buildings to appear at>heathrow i have the runways airstairs and all the parking>markings but not a single building is this normal?hi Nigel,May i ask do you have the other London airports with their buildings as normal?RegardsBert

Guest bertvankampen

hi Nigel,I had just the same experience a half year ago with M

Guest j-mo

I had the same problem with Rome-Fiumucino (sp?). Try backing up, then deleting, your cfg file. Restart FS, let it build a new one, and see what you get. That worked for me.

What is your "Scenery Complexity" slider set at?That will help with diagnosis of the problem.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Ok, then you absolutely have one of four problems:1) video memory starvation,2) corrupted bgl's,3) 3rd party scenery interference,4) D3D/graphics driver issuePersonally I think signs point to #1.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Did you check the scenery library to ensure that the folder SceneryEURW is active?Everything displayed in your screen shots comes from the file APX47130.bgl in the folder Scenery0501Scenery. The jetways show that your scenery sliders at set to high levels.The other London area airports are in that APX file (EGKK, EGGW) or APX48130.bgl (EGSS, EGLC) in the Scenery0601Scenery folder.The generic airport buildings are in those files or in the OB files in those folders.However Heathrow buildings are in the file SceneryEURWSceneryheathrow.bglSome of the terminal buildings are displayed at all scenery settings from Spares and higher at HeathrowUnlike LIRF where Dense is the minimum scenery level to display terminal buildings. Nomal does display a couple hangers.

The first thing I would check is as Reggie suggests in his post above; make sure the EURW scenery is active in the Scenery Library. Make sure the files that Reggie mentions are there, too.If, after verifying that the files are all there, and of the correct file sizes, and in the proper locations, and activated in Scenery Library, THEN......Verify that your Scenery Complexity slider is set full right....and proceed to turn down Global Texture Size slider all the way left, turn autogen off, turn AI all the way down. Then see if the Heathrow buildings are there and report back.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest JimC1702

One other thing to consider is if you have any add-ons like Just Flight's "Plus Packs" installed. I installed their two Military AI Plus Packs and, due to the afcads included, I lost the terminal bulidings at some airports. When I uninstalled the Plus Packs, the buildings came back. The problem, I believe, was that the Plus Packs were not truly FSX compatible. I had missing buildings, planes parked inside of buildings, and signs in the middle of taxi-ways, etc. I loved having the military AI but it wasn't worth the troubles.Jim

Guest bertvankampen

>Ok, then you absolutely have one of four problems:>1) video memory starvation,>2) corrupted bgl's,>3) 3rd party scenery interference,>4) D3D/graphics driver issue>>Personally I think signs point to #1.>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianI think in my case, as described before in this thread, it had to do with:3) 3rd party scenery interferenceBecause without doing other things than removing 3rd party scenery the situation suddenly was fixed...and still is okay!BTW, i also deleted the scenery.cfg and let it rebuild...regardsBert

Guest ightenhill

I had the same thing at rome and it turned out to be a dodgy afcad i accidently installed whilst installing a military package from WOAI.. Could be similar