Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

Ok, everybody should get ready for the new version of Fshud.

I am now participating in the 1.3 Beta and it is the best offline Atc and AI experience I had in twenty years of Flightsim. And yes I own all the Atc addons!

They totally reworked the voices, the AI is now great in combination with Fsltl liveries. It actually controls all the AI not like background Atc. This is one of the things in which it now really shines. All the aircraft are really talking to Atc and moving real-time because FsHud injects and seperates the traffic itself and now does a really, really good job with this!

They fixed so many bugs, it is almost like you fly on Vatsim but then offline and with a lot of traffic.

The easy interface is so much better then PF3 or Pilot2Atc!

This is the future of offline Atc, I am really astonished with this new version!

I am sure with this new version you don’t want any other Atc software anymore!

For now only IFR, VFR will be later implemented I believe.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I am now participating in the 1.3 Beta and it is the best offline Atc and AI experience I had in twenty years of Flightsim. And yes I own all the Atc addons!

They totally reworked the voices, the AI is now great in combination with Fsltl liveries. It actually controls all the AI not like background Atc. This is one of the things in which it now really shines. All the aircraft are really talking to Atc and moving real-time because FsHud injects and seperates the traffic itself and now does a really, really good job with this!

They fixed so many bugs, it is almost like you fly on Vatsim but then offline and with a lot of traffic.

This is the future of offline Atc, I am really astonished with this new version!

I watched a Youtube video yesterday with FSHUD and the voices were so bad, I shut the video off. It sounded like they only had two voices, and one was worse than the other. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I watched a Youtube video yesterday with FSHUD and the voices were so bad, I shut the video off. It sounded like they only had two voices, and one was worse than the other. 

The new version is great, they really worked on the voices also.

And much better than PF3 where you have to remember all this numbers for the menu’s like it was with MS-DOS 20 years ago!

Sorry  I know you like PF3 but I have to have a PDF with it with all the numbers you can press it is crazy old fashioned!

And Pilot2Atc is also good but both don’t actually control the traffic they just have background chatter. So they are not Air Traffic control software but only Radio simulators because they are not in control of the traffic. 

FSHud is in control of all the traffic and with new version does a magnificent job!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

The new version is great, they really worked on the voices also.

And much better than PF3 where you have to remember all this numbers for the menu’s like it was with MS-DOS 20 years ago! 😉

PF3 has a small pop screen with all the numbers you need on it. I never use it, I have two numbers assigned to my joystick, one to call ATC and one to acknowledge instructions. Then the 1 key is for reporting to tower for landing and 6 for contacting tower for takeoff clearance. That's it. Not hard at all. Over 100 voices versus two or three, makes a big difference. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

PF3 has a small pop screen with all the numbers you need on it. I never use it, I have two numbers assigned to my joystick, one to call ATC and one to acknowledge instructions. Then the 1 key is for reporting to tower for landing and 6 for contacting tower for takeoff clearance. That's it. Not hard at all. Over 100 voices versus two or three, makes a big difference. 

Great you like it! For me it is really old fashioned and outdated software. 

I rather have a program where I don’t need pop-up screens or PDF to just select something let’s not even talk about assigning Sids or Stars or changing altitude: complex, old fashioned, unnecessarily complicated!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Great you like it! For me it is really old fashioned and outdated software. 

I rather have a program where I don’t need pop-up screens or PDF to just select something! 

You mean pop  up screen like this. I don't have anything on my screens when I use PF3. 

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You mean pop  up screen like this. I don't have anything on my screens when I use PF3. 

You mean the menu’s of PF3?

They look like they are coming straight from the 1980’s!

You can  hide/unhide FSHud with one button. It is modern, intuitive and really well designed to make it easy and fast to use.

Anyway if you like PF3 and are happy with that: happy flying! 

Let’s see what everybody is using in a few months, time will tell! 😉

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2

Hey Rob, great to hear that, I am on the edge of buying FS Hud.

Can you tell whether this beta already supports custom airports? And how easy was it to get beta access?

Thanks!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

So how do we get onto the beta?  Is it open? 

5 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

You mean the menu’s of PF3?

They look like they are coming straight from the 1980’s!

You can  hide/unhide FSHud with one button. It is modern, intuitive and really well designed to make it easy and fast to use.

Anyway if you like PF3 and are happy with that: happy flying! 

Let’s see what everybody is using in a few months, time will tell! 😉

Why try and mislead users. The only time I see menus on the screen is when I load a flight from a flight plan which takes about 20 seconds at most. I don't know what you are talking about. 

9 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

How does it work in VR where one doesn't see windows unless it's an MSFS in-game panel? Do you need the window to interact with ATC or can you set your F/O to handle all the comms and radio changes?

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Great to hear, I’ve been watching this one develop and it sounds like this new version will be a good place to jump in.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For more info / questions read or ask here:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/version-1-3-development-what-to-expect_topic65391.html

If you want in Beta you need to send developer private message in their forum.

I am to busy with my own work to answer a lot of questions so just ask themselves on their forum.

Edited by rob0203

Perhaps not to correct say this but why don't you guys and girls just fly in Vatsim? Or IVAO? I remember I also tried years and years ago some of these ai atc programs. Once I joined Vatsim, there has not been looking back on those. Nothing beats the realism talking to another person on a frequency. And one learns it quickly, I did also although English is not my language. Oh, and that is the fun part of it also, different accents. And all this for free. 

• Upvote 1

Tapani Österberg