Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

what they should implement also is be able to use external voice libraries,  i use Pilot2atc and with the amazon Polly subscription you get over 30 different voices and you can use for different atc, and voices are realistic and with different accents  but if this new atc update can fix the msfs default traffic mess i happy to change to a new atc addon I cant wait to see the videos of the improves

1 hour ago, michael8 said:

what they should implement also is be able to use external voice libraries,  i use Pilot2atc and with the amazon Polly subscription you get over 30 different voices and you can use for different atc, and voices are realistic and with different accents  but if this new atc update can fix the msfs default traffic mess i happy to change to a new atc addon I cant wait to see the videos of the improves

All FSHud voices are Amazon Polly generated and we plan to add more voices from another cloud services (Azure, Google TTS).
It is included in application and we are not asking our users for additional subscriptions on that.

Edited by FSHud
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Looking forward to more info about this update, never tried any ATC programs and pretty bored of the vanilla MSFS ATC.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

It doesn't have to be, you can simply assign a button to toggle remove/show the UI. However, what is desperately bad, and I mean really poor IMO, is that if you have more than a single monitor, and let's face it, many of us do, if you click on another monitor then the UI disappears and you have to faff around pressing a button to get it back. Which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's extremely frustrating, believe me :wink: I operate with a touchscreen 32" OH for the 738, so you can imagine how frustrating it is when I'm clicking between my OH and Navigraph maps on my other monitor and the darn FSHud keeps disappearing. :angry: And this happens regardless of which monitor FSHud is displayed on, so even if you have it displayed on the second monitor and then you click anywhere on the main monitor, it will disappear from there also! I 'spoke' with the dev yesterday on his FB page and was told this is being addressed, not in the current 1.3 update but in the 1.4 update which should be released in the summer, which to be frank, I was extremely surprised at. I thought it would have been a priority to get sorted out :unsure:

There is much more around this panel. 
If it was just "small fix" around issue you're talking about - it could be done on even v1.2.
But I think I've mentioned somewhere - that it is also relates to VR and complete re-write of whole panel from scratch in another technology.
Unfortunately we don't have so much development resources to run it in v1.3 with all large amount of features and changes it has - therefore, it was planned on v1.4.

The main question for me, can FSHud compensate the flaws of the MSFS ai engine. Currently, I avoid larger airports/ai because I don't want to watch touchdowns way too late (more than half way down the runway, as opposed to the touch down zone). It's such an immersion killer.

BTW, I own FSHud since its release day but currently, I use it only with P3D sometimes.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

11 minutes ago, Nemo said:

The main question for me, can FSHud compensate the flaws of the MSFS ai engine. Currently, I avoid larger airports/ai because I don't want to watch touchdowns way too late (more than half way down the runway, as opposed to the touch down zone). It's such an immersion killer.

BTW, I own FSHud since its release day but currently, I use it only with P3D sometimes.

In MSFS it completely controls aircraft movement - it was done due to SDK issues (not possible to force aircraft to move by waypoints).
So it definitely works completely different and all MSFS AI engine bugs (late runway landings and so on) are not relevant.

27 minutes ago, FSHud said:

In MSFS it completely controls aircraft movement - it was done due to SDK issues (not possible to force aircraft to move by waypoints).
So it definitely works completely different and all MSFS AI engine bugs (late runway landings and so on) are not relevant.

That sounds very good. One can only hope that MS/Asobo doesn't foil this with one of their updates.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 hours ago, FSHud said:

There is much more around this panel. 
If it was just "small fix" around issue you're talking about - it could be done on even v1.2.
But I think I've mentioned somewhere - that it is also relates to VR and complete re-write of whole panel from scratch in another technology.
Unfortunately we don't have so much development resources to run it in v1.3 with all large amount of features and changes it has - therefore, it was planned on v1.4.

Thanks for the concise reply, appreciated. I'll look forward to v1.4.

• Like 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 4/10/2023 at 6:36 AM, Langeveldt said:

Howver about an hour into any flight it just reduces things to a stuttery mess.  I've lowered the aircraft injection down to about 15 for everything, changed the refresh rate up to 60, tried pretty much the works, and it's a stutter fest.  If I quit and load up basic FSLTL I get buttery smooth 30FPS again. 

Any comment from Developer?  Is this a known issue and will it be fixed in v1.3?

So to use this software, to see the other planes I can use the FSLTL Base models is that correct? But I don't use the FSLTL injector, the injection is all done by FSHud?

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Any comment from Developer?  Is this a known issue and will it be fixed in v1.3?

I think it's mentioned in features description of 1.3:

AI Traffic

1. Fixed AI Traffic behavior which improves major issues regarding disappearing aircraft and landing teleportation (for MSFS).
2. Improved amount of non-parking traffic, and traffic injection time.

Application Stability

Reduced application CPU usage – the application will settle in to use only about 5%-10% of CPU (depending on the selected amount of AI Traffic). 
To clarify – the application must have real time control of AI traffic - therefore CPU usage is required.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/version-1-3-development-what-to-expect_topic65391.html

In short words - such things improvement is one of main purposes of version 1.3

14 minutes ago, abennett said:

So to use this software, to see the other planes I can use the FSLTL Base models is that correct? But I don't use the FSLTL injector, the injection is all done by FSHud?

Injection can come from 3 different sources (it can be even mixed):
1. BGL traffic files that installed in simulator.
2. AIG traffic installation (AIG database format).
3. FSHud API injection - the way FSLTL works.

We don't provide content (schedules and models) - there are enough add-ons that provides it.
Mostly we are replacement of simulator ATC and AI Traffic controlling parts of simulator.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Can we hear a sample of these new voices?

Or see a video of it controlling the AI Traffic.... The issue before was how jerky the AI was....not sure if thats been fixed. @kiekfrom PSXT managed to fix it for PSXT, maybe @FSHud managed to fix it as well...

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

Injection can come from 3 different sources (it can be even mixed):
1. BGL traffic files that installed in simulator.
2. AIG traffic installation (AIG database format).
3. FSHud API injection - the way FSLTL works.

We don't provide content (schedules and models) - there are enough add-ons that provides it.
Mostly we are replacement of simulator ATC and AI Traffic controlling parts of simulator.

Thanks so I would only need the base packages from FSLTL and then I can inject via FSHud and FSHud would also control the spacing etc?