Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Is it possible FSHud can (in future) activate the jetways and trucks for AI ? 😁

It depends on Asobo:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simconnect-ai-injected-aircraft-ground-services/586211/2

Or if it will have higher priority than VR support.
According current stage, it requires implementation of similar behavior that GSX does.

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

But it FSHud does it...

Well done! Perhaps the MSFS engine is less controlling than the ESP one.

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

n MSFS - this fight is even worse - you don't have privilege to make aircraft follow by waypoints - the only way is control the aircraft by yourself (simplified autopilot) - which also already works.

Providing it doesn't impact on overall performance I guess.

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

And last mention about nostalgic stuff - I guess FSX times was simpler, life was simpler and user's requirements was simpler.

Why would expectations 20 years ago be any different than now? For the serious pilot every sim has had its bugbears. We just learned to live with the ones Microsoft couldn't or wouldn't fix.

I was flying Concorde 12 years ago in FSX. I'm flying it now in P3Dv3.

Anyway, I only dropped in because of the mention of Radar Contact. Good luck with your venture. ATC programs are notoriously complex creatures so well done on what you've achieved to date.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, FSHud said:

Do you mean Jetway? Or isn't properly located at parking?

Yes jetways don't stick to planes when I use FSHUD with FSTL.
Without FSHUD the jetways stick correctly to the planes.

43 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Yes jetways don't stick to planes when I use FSHUD with FSTL.
Without FSHUD the jetways stick correctly to the planes.

Same answer as mentioned here:

It depends on Asobo:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simconnect-ai-injected-aircraft-ground-services/586211/2

Or if it will have higher priority than VR support.
According current stage, it requires implementation of similar behavior that GSX does.

On 4/8/2023 at 5:16 PM, rob0203 said:

totally reworked ... voices

still waiting to listen to those.......

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

still waiting to listen to those.......

It was previously mentioned that the new voices are generated by the Amazon Polly text to speech service. Here is a webpage where you can listen to samples of Amazon Polly voices: https://play.ht/text-to-speech-voices/amazon-polly/

On 4/10/2023 at 2:36 PM, FSHud said:

All FSHud voices are Amazon Polly generated and we plan to add more voices from another cloud services (Azure, Google TTS).
It is included in application and we are not asking our users for additional subscriptions on that.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

It was previously mentioned that the new voices are generated by the Amazon Polly text to speech service. Here is a webpage where you can listen to samples of Amazon Polly voices: https://play.ht/text-to-speech-voices/amazon-polly/

They sound pretty good. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 4/8/2023 at 11:23 PM, rob0203 said:

And much better than PF3 where you have to remember all this numbers for the menu’s like it was with MS-DOS 20 years ago!

I’ve been programming an app for MSFS over the past few days, and it’s all done in the console window of a version of Basic. So more like 40 years ago rather than 20. You would probably hate it! I’m going to claim that it’s a deliberate design choice to give a retro feel, though it may also be because I suck at C#. 🙂 

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Why would expectations 20 years ago be any different than now?

Because the world moves on.

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Because the world moves on.

My standards haven't.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My standards haven't.

Yes, but the number of simmers who fly P3D v3 like you do is tiny. There's nothing wrong with flying P3D v3 if it works for you - which I know it does - but 98% of flight simmers have moved on from it.

Nobody is flying Sublogic flight sims these days except for reasons of extreme nostalgia (I actually have a copy of it for my C64, but I also understand that it's pretty mediocre as a sim!). Technology moves on, and what was acceptable to the average simmer in 2003 is now considered obsolete by the great majority.

Oz

41 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, but the number of simmers who fly P3D v3 like you do is tiny. There's nothing wrong with flying P3D v3 if it works for you - which I know it does - but 98% of flight simmers have moved on from it.

Put your glasses on and check my sims in my signature. The only reason v3 is installed is to fly 32-bit FSL Concorde. As soon as the 64-bit version is released for v5.3 that old sim will be uninstalled.

As well as flying the aircraft I also do the FE’s job of moving fuel around the 13 fuel tanks. Rather more work than your Boeing or Airbus pilot has to do.

How are your Concorde flights going?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Put your glasses on and check my sims in my signature. The only reason v3 is installed is to fly 32-bit FSL Concorde. As soon as the 64-bit version is released for v5.3 that old sim will be uninstalled.

As well as flying the aircraft I also do the FE’s job of moving fuel around the 13 fuel tanks. Rather more work than your Boeing or Airbus pilot has to do.

How are your Concorde flights going?

Ray, I think your hypothesis that consumer expectations haven't changed in the past 20 years is pretty radical. However, our discussion is moving far away from the thread's focus, so it's probably more of a hangar chat discussion for another time!

• Like 1

Oz