Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

7 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

No idea why this Youtuber keeps the PF3 window open during the first part of his flight. It is absolutely not necessary to have it open (other than for adjusting volumes etc.). In PF3 you communicate with ATC by pressing keys - or using a voice recognition software to trigger these keys.

Could you please clarify if you need to - temporarily - have the FSHud window open to communicate with ATC. Is there a way to just use keys / buttons (resp. a voice recognition software to trigger these keys) to commicuate to ATC in FSHud? Or is it necessary to open the window and click an item with the mouse?

I am really interested in FSHud for the AI interaction capabilities. Voices are just a matter of personal taste. But having to open a window to communicate with ATC would be a killer for me.

You don't have to keep FSHud window during the flight.
It can be opened/closed/minimized using mapped (in application) keys or gamepad/joystick buttons.
As the same for ATC operation - menu options which are also can be mapped by keys or gamepad/joystick buttons.
But there is also kind of co-pilot who manages all conversations with ATC so you don't have to do any of operation to perform readbacks on every instruction.
It's very similar to default ATC menu workflow.

We also do have plans to add voice recognition in version 1.4

• Like 5

This thread is about the new version 1.3. with new voices and other important features announced. Why do so many pick on the voices of the current version? Can't you wait until it is out before starting with product bashing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

56 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Voice development and adjustment are still in development.
Therefore, there is still no video to demonstrate it.

Maybe if the OP in this thread hadn't started out by knocking the other ATC programs like PF3 and Pilot2 ATC, with some "facts"  that weren't even true, and  comparing them to a product that hasn't even been released yet, some criticisms of FS HUD  could have been avoided. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Nemo said:

This thread is about the new version 1.3. with new voices and other important features announced. Why do so many pick on the voices of the current version? Can't you wait until it is out before starting with product bashing?

The product bashing was started by the OP in his second post. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe if the OP in this thread hadn't started out by knocking the other ATC programs like PF3 and Pilot2 ATC, with some "facts"  that weren't even true, and  comparing them to a product that hasn't even been released yet, some criticisms of FS HUD  could have been avoided. 

Talking about facts (correct me if I'm wrong):

Fact number 1:
..and  comparing them to a product that hasn't even been released yet..
FSHud already exist for about year

Fact number 2:
What logic sits under when you say "Some other ATC program voices are much better" while looking on the video in my previous
posts I can hear numbers and letters are spelled separately.
For example - "One... Two... Niner... Five... India"
With all respect, in FSHud from it's day 1 release all those parts was pronounced fluently "One Two Niner Five India"
It wasn't noticeable at all that those are separate recordings which was just combined.
How it can be that pronounce of "Kilometers" is in completely different voice/effect?
I completely agree that voices in FSHud was slow and sometimes annoying - but it's a different story.

Fact number 3: 
I may agree that in terms of user options all of other ATC programs has much more choice - from "Holding Patterns" to "Bring me a coffee selection".
But none of them is controlling AI Traffic - and this is one of fundamental features of ATC program.

Fact number 4:
FSHud price is lowest than all of other ATC programs.

Fact number 5:
You don't have to download gigabytes of data or install database engine (as it happens with others).

Now talking about about knocking and bashing - for me as one of developers it's completely not understood how people can just say something
that completely contradicts those facts. 
Am I missing something in those facts?
Is it just matter of personal likeness?
Is it more matter of who came first and what people are used to?

Please explain.

Edited by FSHud
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

This sounds good to you   LOL

Actually, it does.  And I certainly prefer it over this: https://youtu.be/_V8rOEJDZ88?t=419 😬 That's what I'd call awful and totally unrealistic voices. This sounds good to you? 😉

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Voices are just a matter of personal taste.

Indeed! What someone calls good someone else calls bad. It often seems that some people are simply defending their ATC addon of choice no matter what.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Actually, it does.  And I certainly prefer it over this: https://youtu.be/_V8rOEJDZ88?t=419 😬 That's what I'd call awful and totally unrealistic voices. This sounds good to you? 😉

Indeed! What someone calls good someone else calls bad. It often seems that some people are simply defending their ATC addon of choice no matter what.

Two year old video, PF3 has had many updates since then. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Two year old video, PF3 has had many updates since then. 

Okay... but didn't the voices annoy you before those updates then? You have been using PF3 for 8 years so that's 6 years listening to those stitched together recorded clips of voices... where every repeated word or number sounds the EXACT same (and hence sounds very odd). Do you know a video that shows the improved voices? I really don't mind if someone thinks FSHud sounds word not allowed and terrible but I just can't understand it... Those are Polly voices without the odd repetition recorded clips have and as I said, they sound great to me. I honestly can't understand why someone hears something differently.

Edited by tup61

3 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Okay... but didn't the voices annoy you before those updates then? You have been using PF3 for 8 years so that's 6 years listening to those stitched together recorded clips of voices... where every repeated word or number sounds the EXACT same (and hence sounds very odd). Do you know a video that shows the improved voices?

There were a few voices that were terrible, and a couple of them were in the free demo. Whenever I heard one I didn't like I wrote the voice number down which was displayed when it played, and disabled it. I think I disabled about 6 or 7 total. PF3 has been around for so many years, I don't know of any videos that have been done recently with it. 

Edited by Bobsk8

I had a problem yesterday, I use FSHUD with VATSIM when I don't have a controller on VATSIM, but yesterday in Spain I had the center open and I couldn't contact it, its frequency was 132.875, but because of FSHUD it was giving me 132.870 each time. Suddenly, I had to cut FSHUD and there, I was able to put 132.875 will it be corrected on the next version ?

50 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There were a few voices that were terrible, and a couple of them were in the free demo. Whenever I heard one I didn't like I wrote the voice number down which was displayed when it played, and disabled it. I think I disabled about 6 or 7 total. PF3 has been around for so many years, I don't know of any videos that have been done recently with it. 

There is a video of month ago - and problem that me and @tup61 mentioned still exists:

Also, according their website:
https://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/downloads.php
Last update was in November 2022 - for some irony - same date that FSHud has last public update 🙂

Anyway - for me it just sounds like trolling post of someone who just defends the ATC program he likes.
In this case, no more additional mention is required.

Sadly, those things are exactly "bushing" and "shaming" without any basement.

And this is exactly what you've said in your first post:
I watched a Youtube video yesterday with FSHUD and the voices were so bad, I shut the video off. It sounded like they only had two voices, and one was worse than the other. 
Where exactly it bad? What exactly is bad? those answers were not provided by you even now.

As an old member of Flight Simulator community from FSX times, I think that such comments doesn't forward anything in terms of improvement (not only FSHud). 
It only improves someone's ego.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

I had a problem yesterday, I use FSHUD with VATSIM when I don't have a controller on VATSIM, but yesterday in Spain I had the center open and I couldn't contact it, its frequency was 132.875, but because of FSHUD it was giving me 132.870 each time. Suddenly, I had to cut FSHUD and there, I was able to put 132.875 will it be corrected on the next version ?

Frequencies are depends on NavData we receive from Navigraph - you should open a ticket about it and we will take a look and correct if needed.
But nothing did prevent you using COM2 for FSHud while sitting on COM1 on your VATSIM station.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Also, according their website:
https://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/downloads.php
Last update was in November 2022 - for some irony - same date that FSHud has last public update 🙂

As an old member of Flight Simulator community from FSX times, I think that such comments doesn't forward anything in terms of improvement (not only FSHud). 
It only improves someone's ego.

Well  you are incorrect, the last update of PF3 was 2 days ago.   http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4223

Great PR for your product by the way, insulting people.  

Edited by Bobsk8

The user base of MSFS is large enough for several ATC-addons to co-exist.

They all have their pros and cons and it's great to have a choice between several ATC-addons in active development.

There is really no need to belittle one or the other.