Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

I have a few questions:

Does the AI traffic also follow a route or does it fly directly to the STAR after the SID?

How is that for the user, do you also get directs when cruising and does ATC advise you to fly the whole STAR if there no Vectors are needed?

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

And is it right that FS Hud does not work with FS Traffic?

Two posts above yours:

15 hours ago, FSHud said:

You can use FS Traffic with FSLTL only - as long as only FSLTL can inject the traffic into FSHud (using FSHud SDK API).
Regarding ATC chatter - I guess there would be enough conversations with AI Aircraft, but still you can try....

5 hours ago, mobiel said:

I have a few questions:

Does the AI traffic also follow a route or does it fly directly to the STAR after the SID?

How is that for the user, do you also get directs when cruising and does ATC advise you to fly the whole STAR if there no Vectors are needed?

AI Aircraft follows identical flight plan that user aircraft follows which includes SID, STAR, APPROACH and TRANSITION accordingly.
This AI Flight plan also includes follow by ATS Routes according route restrictions and aircraft capabilities.
Mostly ATC engine is agnostic if it's user aircraft or AI Traffic aircraft

So I did a testflight and one thing I have to mention is that during cruise and approach the AI traffic gets more less. During approach there was nearly nobody corresponding to ATC.

I used AIG flightplans and have a lot of them. During departure everything was fine.

No no AI Aircraft is injected when AIG is selected. But everything is fine with AIG

Edited by mobiel

After installing the current 1.3beta I observed a drastic drop in FR from about 45 (V.1.2) to abaout 26 (V.1.3) for the same flight.

Sure I do not have a super bells- and whistles-system (i5 - 4590 and GTX 1060), but upto now I am satisfied running in FHD. After reinstalling V.1.2 the old FR returned.

Has anybody observed similar effect?

Check the options for traffic in FSHud.  For me when I install a new version it selects all sources of traffic (default BGL plus AIG plus FSLTL).  I have to untick the ones i don't need...  Maybe this helps...

Thanks for your help - this was it!

Unticked AIG and FSLTL and got almost the same FR as with V. 1.2

Will keep V. 1.3 now and are happy - thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Glad it helped!  @FSHud is there a way to preserve the user options after an update?  Or is this driven by the fact that we are in Beta?

As mentioned at the beginning of this forum topic - it is still a work in progress BETA and not public BETA.

Talking about issues - please open a ticket from the application using "Support" button in main window (relevant for PROD and BETA).

Specifically regarding FPS performance issues - this behavior variates for different users by many different factors - some of them not related to FSHud.
But to summarize, I can say following: 
1. FSHud CPU usage and FPS completely not related to each other - as long as most of MSFS processing is done on GPU.
There was many scenarios when FSHud did use more CPU while FPS still on stable and vise-versa.
2. For some users there FPS impact and stutters in version 1.2 and version 1.3 while BGL (Asobo default AI Traffic) is turned on - it's still under investigation and development.
3. FPS impact can be when locating at large airport with many parked aircrafts.
In any case, there is a place for FSHud to improve it - but also it is very individual for each user according his setup.

There was also mention about AIG traffic which should work fine (inject aircrafts in version 1.2 and 1.3) - please open a ticket about this issue.

FSHud settings are deleted because there is large difference gap (settings are different and works differently) between 1.2 and 1.3.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Enjoying FSHud and have a question:

1. When starting a flight generated in Simbrief, it seems the clearance is changed in FSHud? Example flight from KSFO KSAN which in Simbrief called for Offshore departure but when imported FSHud gave the City2 departure and a different runway? (19L 28L)? Are we supposed to change the routing based on the FSHud direction? I am confused. In the past the imported flight matched Simbrief.

Excellent work....

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Enjoying FSHud and have a question:

1. When starting a flight generated in Simbrief, it seems the clearance is changed in FSHud? Example flight from KSFO KSAN which in Simbrief called for Offshore departure but when imported FSHud gave the City2 departure and a different runway? (19L 28L)? Are we supposed to change the routing based on the FSHud direction? I am confused. In the past the imported flight matched Simbrief.

Excellent work....

Thank you!

Well, that was one of the main requirements of the next version - to change and assign runways and procedures according environment conditions.
However, you can change it on any stage if it doesn't seem to you (including selection of any runway) - FSHud will know to separate you and AI Traffic accordingly

Ok got it, just making sure it was not me. Not an issue, really enjoying the product....

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

It was with much anticipation that I saw the announcement a few weeks ago that a new update for FS Hud was coming soon. What do I have to do to be able to participate in the current beta as well?

Two quick questions first. Will the new version completely eliminate the previous minor problems with the landing animation? And do the current SU12 landing bugs affect FSHud? Would be very happy if I could participate in the work in progress beta. =))

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Converted to standard text

19 minutes ago, Chavez86 said:

It was with much anticipation that I saw the announcement a few weeks ago that a new update for FS Hud was coming soon.

What do I have to do to be able to participate in the current beta as well?

Two quick questions first. Will the new version completely eliminate the previous minor problems with the landing animation? And do the current SU12 landing bugs affect FSHud?

Would be very happy if I could participate in the work in progress beta. =))

Hello,

It is actually available for everyone in Flight1 agent.
BUT!! To clarify - it is not public beta where all implementation were done - it is work in progress of BETA.

"Two quick questions first. Will the new version completely eliminate the previous minor problems with the landing animation? And do the current SU12 landing bugs affect FSHud?"
Yes, you will get nice and smooth landing on landing part of the runway.

• Like 2