Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Ultimate Traffic FSX vs Ultimate Traffic 2007

Hi all,I was wondering if someone could please tell me what the difference is between these two titles. I am trying to find a download link to UT2007, but all I can find is the download link to UT FSX...With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Does anyone know if they have improved the AI aircraft for better performance? I use World of AI files and models (in FSX), and also it doesn't offer all airlines by any means, the performance is really good at airports with many AI.Bruce.

The aircraft are the same unfortunately and most of the Boeing and Airbus fleet have untextured (black) areas.

Thanks for the info all. So does that mean if I want the d/l version I have to go for the Ultimate Traffic FSX??? Does anyone have it and if so what's the verdict? Any opinions on the value for money?Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest missionballer

It may also help to take a look at MyTrafficX too. Plenty of traffic..even a bunch of military traffic! (i once flew into Edwards AFB with my alphasim xb-70 and there was C-130 traffic at the airport) It comes with a few external tools also for viewing of just what is in the air around your plane. The ONLY thing i miss from Ultimate Traffic is the UI that had the route maps and the airline schedules, that was just too cool. But then again if you do more flying than looking at fake AI airline schedules, then MYTraffic X deserves to be looked at.

Guest Fleron230

I was also wondering which one was better, thanks for the answer.

I have it and it is not bad. I like it. If you buy it and don't like it flight1 has a 30 day money back. keith

I have had (and used) Ultimate Traffic for FS9 for a long time and didn't have any issues with it. However, some of the models of the original version caused a huge performance hit for me. I spent hours recompiling and importing PAI models and had a really great experience, but then the dev team stopped producing updates to the schedule and I gave MyTraffic a try.MyTraffic is a no-thrills, but working AI implementation and I think that their models are superior compared to UT. Yes, the MyTraffic schedules are emulated, but that's good enough for me. The MyTraffic devs are continuously updating the product and are constantly releasing updates and smaller bugfixes.It seems that UT for FSX and UT "2007" are the same as the FS9 version with the exception of added FSX compatibility. I love UT, but the lack of updates did not warrant to purchase an upgrade for me.Pat

Thanks Pat and the others for your feedback. I might run with MyTraffic for my next FS purchase. I used to have the original MyTraffic editions, but went with UT a couple of years ago.Burkhard and his offsider are constantly interacting with the community and that probably swings it for me.Thanks again,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

I only know Ultimate Traffic. I have never used the others... so this is no comparative evaluation.All I know is.. I love UT FS9. and I don't care for it when it comes to FSX. In FS9, I can crank it 100% and see a crowded airport. In FSX, If crank it up to 100% I do not see a crowded airport. Its more like 50% of FS9. On top of that, I cannot go beyond 30% in FSX, It takes a big performance hit.Any of y'all who have used UT and other AI traffic sw comment on performance please? If I find another AI software I'll drop UT in a NY min. All I want is performance and crowded traffic. I could care less if they match real world schedules.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter