Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

QW 757 autoland throttle issue

Hi Guys

I am looking for some advice regarding the autoland feature of the QW 757. I am having a blast learning to fly this aircraft and have just discovered the autoland feature.

The plane decends and flares just prior to landing, however i have noticed that throttles do not disengage. this led to a rather unfortunate incident of me running out of runway at EGJJ.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what i am doing wrong?

Many thanks

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

When G/S 1 dot above, engage 2nd & 3rd AP. (Note:  this is the ONLY time you can have more than 1 AP computer engaged)

Confirm Land2 or Land3 on ASA, Flare & Rollout armed (usually below 1500' RA, appears in white on FMA)

Confirm speedbrake armed

Set Missed Approach altitude once established on Localizer & Glideslope (other airlines do it at different times, e.g. 1500' AGL)

Monitor final approach, be prepared for Missed approach / Go Around

Just prior to landing, confirm Flare active mode

At landing, disengage Autothrust, apply reverse thrust as required

At landing, confirm Roll Out active mode

At landing, confirm Spoilers Up

At landing confirm Autobrake slowing aircraft

If no intervention, system will bring aircraft to a complete stop on runway centreline.  Disengage all A/P & A/T modes, taxi clear.

Finally, remember: 

You are responsible for making sure the throttles are idled and putting out reverse thrust if necessary.

Edited by polosim
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply.

I gave it another try and unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem, the throttles do not go back to idle on touchdown. The manual advises that if you dont take control the Autothrottle will disengage and the autopilot should disengage around 80knots 

I made a recording of my last approach.  EFHK Runway 15

I can hardly bare to watch it but hopefully it will demonstrate the problem,  maybe i should just stick to Turboprops 🤣

I can hardly bare to watch it but hopefully it will demonstrate the problem,  maybe i should just stick to Turboprops 

My youtube channel

On 4/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, Dazkent said:

Thank you so much for your reply.

I gave it another try and unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem, the throttles do not go back to idle on touchdown. The manual advises that if you dont take control the Autothrottle will disengage and the autopilot should disengage around 80knots 

I made a recording of my last approach.  EFHK Runway 15

I can hardly bare to watch it but hopefully it will demonstrate the problem,  maybe i should just stick to Turboprops 🤣

I don't own the plane but you should manually disengage the autothrottle even if it is supposed to do it on it's own, maybe that feature is bugged or something in this plane.  And don't give up flying airliners, they are a lot of fun and your landing in the video looked pretty good to me.  I'm still learning to fly them myself.  I like to do manual approaches and landings in all types of planes and the first several times I tried doing that in my PMDG 737 I kept slamming the plane into the runway hard and bouncing it in, those poor, poor passengers

BTW does anyone know if it's possible to get this plane working in P3Dv5?  I've been wanting a 757 for P3D.  I was looking at the Captain Sim 757 and visually it looks awesome but I've read at least two different reviews about it saying it has major issues with the flight model.  The reviews where old so I don't know if it's ever been addressed by the developer.

Edited by Kalnon
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply, maybe you are right. I will give that a try 🙂

Hopefully someone will be able to tell you how to get it working in V5, i was always put off by flying airlines but i love this aircraft. it has the right mix of realism but also not imtimidating to learn,

My youtube channel