Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Frustrating Crash problems in FSX

Guest jaya

I have been posting this problem in other forums. Hopefully, someone from MS is aware of this problem. It would be useful and comforting if they responded and/or if others could reproduce it. FSX crashes at specific locations. I notice the problem when flying low and slow. I like to fly VFR following interstate highways. I do this just for R and R.Go low and slow at around 1000 ft. (Try an ultralight flying south out of Hattiesburg MS along I-59 toward Lumberton MS). Fly low and slow from the Fla-GA border north along I-75 toward Valdosta GA. Fly Low and Slow out of Jacksonville Intl AP ne to I-95 then northward toward the GA border. I have found other places (east of Bastow CA, East of Palm Springs CA, along I-5 through the central valley of CA, I-40 east of Amarillo TX, I-35 n of Waco TX) where this same error occurs. It is interesting that if you were to draw a line on a map from the area NE of Jacksonville FL slightly N of W, you would come close to the point S of Valdosta GA and near Lumberton MS, and even N of Waco TX. If you veer 10 miles or so either side of these crash zones away from the interstate highways, you can get through. If you fly fast enough to cause the blurries in the zone (or 16X the simulation through the zone) you can get through it -- I have a hard time causing these blurries on my Q6600 :-)I use FSX pro on Vista. Have a quad core Q6600 with 3 GB of ram, SP1, the vista OOM memory fixes, Ultimate Terrain for FSX USA, and an NVidia 8600 GT.The error occurs with or without UTX. I also experienced this error on my previous computer (a 3.8 GHz single core computer with 2 gigs of ram on XP) at the same locations. I was hopeful that SP1 would fix it, it did not. When on XP (on my old computer) I was getting the error showing up with a problem with a fatal crash on the livingwater.dll. Vista doesn't tell you what the error is. (Makes no sense in the desert areas!) Anyway, it would be nice if someone could reproduce and report on the error, and if MS could comment (heaven knows that the reports have been getting generated and sent to them when I ctd'ed). Thanks, Jay A

When you encounter this problem you MUST turn off all FreewayTraffic.The actual shuting down of FSX at low and slow normally occurs if you are following a major road with traffic. Any percent traffic showing on the highway will cause FSX to shudown when it encounters one of these vector data bad blocks. The fix is to continue to tell MS that the problem exsit with a list of areas effected or create a traffic exclusion for that stretch of road with tools such as FSX_KML which will make the exclude shp2vec for you.