Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Corrupted Graphics

Guest tezbedz

I have just installed FSX deluxe on to my new PC, it used to run ok byt slowly on my old XP Pro machine.New setup is AMD X 2 5000, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7300 with Vista Home Premium.Graphics alternate between ok and then blocky multicoloured, stripes, tartans .Any suggestions???Terry

Latest drivers? Colours set to 32 bit rather than 16 bit?Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest tezbedz

Hi,I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from NVidia and the colours are set to 32 both on the PC Settings and in FSCould it be something to do with DX10, I installed that as an update, is the Graphics card compatible or should it not matterTerry

I guess it's a process of elimination. Are you getting graphics issues with any other apps, or is it just FSX? Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Guest tezbedz

Seems to be just FSX, FS9 graphics are ok, though I have problems cycling the view. Using mouseclick to change view it will either:a: changeb: The panel change but not the sceneryc: neitherHave to go into another option to force the view to catch up.Have deleted fs9.cfg but still the same after a restart.

Guest firehawk44

You didn't mention your scenery configurations or card configs but, if you max your scenery sliders in FSX, you'll usually receive slow graphic rendering, corruptions, etc., as you indicated you are receiving. NVIDIA techs came up with a recommended FSX configuration plus settings for your video card to get the best graphics and enjoyment of FSX. If you haven't tried it, you should and then see if you're still receiving corruption. Here's the link: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_fsx_techtips.html. I would also recommend installing the 163.44 beta drivers as I have found them very stable and they fix a major problem using FSX and other games.Best regards,Jim

The fact that FS9 is not switching views properly is obviously a concern. That suggests there is something in your system that is not right, but doesn't tell us whether it is hardware or software. Have you run a spyware cleaner recently? Defragged the HDD? Unfortunately a lot of the commonly used tools for solving these sort of issues won't work with Vista, so about the only other thing to try is to go to the microsoft site and make sure all components of Vista are up to date. The suggestion about the 163.44 drivers is a good one; I'm using them too and they have fixed a couple of things.Cheers,Noel.