Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Any suggestions on getting a green Alaskan landscape?

Guest Akflyin

Hello all,I do almost all of my flying in Alaska but am getting tired of that desert look. Anyone have suggestions on how I can green it up a bit.Thanks for all responses

Guest missionballer

I know this the following suggestion wont help you right at the moment, nut the people who released Ultimate Terrain USA are supposed to be developing a product just like Ultimate terrain but for Alaska. I believe Hawaii is also in the works by them. At least they mentioned it in the Manual to Ultimate Terrain that these areas would be covered in seperate products. I too do alot of flying in Alaska. My home base in the sim is Prince Rupert(CYPR) which is in between Vancouver and Juneau. All i need now is a good bush oriented VA and ill be set.

Georender http://www.georender.org/ has a nice set of products for the Anchorage area and Kanai that are color photo scenery based. The landclass textures are the same used in other areas. Adam Mills has a freeware set of landclass textures that reduce the desert effect preferred by Microsoft. Search is name here at AVSIM.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA