Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Configuration of Keys

Guest ManDay

Heya guys,I have the problem that I cant assign different actions to either the Page-Up, Insert, Home, etc. - and the Numpad keys. Whenever I assign something to, lets say PageUp-Key it gets assigned to Numpad-9-Key.Anyway round this?

Guest Gunner_CAF

Are you using the Page Up key, or using the num-pad 9 key with Num Lock off? If you have a standard keyboard, you should have a dedicated Page Up key just left of the num pad. Try this key.Gunner

Guest ManDay

Nah, look I'm using the dedicated PageUp key of the 6x4 Keyblock. But whenever I press it FSX assigns Numpad 9.

Guest ManDay

So.., anyone? Can you at least tell me whether you can assign "PageUp" and "Numpad9" to two different actions?Can you?

IIRC it depends if you have the Numlock on. If it is on then try using SHIF + KP9 to assign the Pg Up key or else switch numlock off and assign KP9 then that should give you the Pg Up function.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest ManDay

Nothing works.Just tell me: Are you able to assign "Page Up" to an action?

Whoops my apologies. The numlock key acts like a shift key for the Numpad. So if you have numlock off when in the assignments you can assign an action to SHIFT KP9. If Numlock is on then you can only assign KP9. I have just checked this in control assignments. As the numlock key is either on or off in the Sim it would get complicated if not impossible trying to use Page Up as a useable key.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.