Sign in to follow this  
TravelRunner404

Kodiak 100 Throttle

I am trying to work though this and I promise I am searching as much as I feasibly can to find answers.  I know this isn't the "traditional" way, but I am also trying to learn through experimentation, so apologies if these questions are misguided.

With the Kodiak 100 the BVar for the throttle is ENGINE_Throttle_1_Set.  If I create a script and run such as 0.9 (>B:ENGINE_Throttle_1_Set) it will set the throttle to exactly 90%.  I don't know how to translate this to an axis that passes values from 0 to 1.00 and all the percentages in between.   If I scale the axis from 0 to 1 and use the script as the variable nothing happens.

Also, on my Bravo Throttle I have the mixture axis set with ranges for Low and High.  They are specific values so once it cross the blue arrow it triggers the event and moves the lever.  The problem is the axis constantly resets to the middle.  When I load Axis and Ohs the axis is always at 50% even if the throttle is at 0.  It also seems to reset once I trigger the "reverser" which is a button press.  When I pull the lever all the way back and activate that button, Axis and Ohs is back to showing the black bar right in the middle.

Thanks for the help.

If I scale the axis from 0 to 1 and use the script as the variable nothing happens.

Possibly a syntax error. The variable must be entered into the textbox without the parentheses - just the name "B:whatever". If all fails you can always wrap it into a script. Also make sure that Rounding is set to Float and not Int.

1 hour ago, TravelRunner404 said:

When I pull the lever all the way back and activate that button, Axis and Ohs is back to showing the black bar right in the middle.

Is this an axis or a button on the hardware side? If it is an axis, try setting the update cycle to "continuous" instead of "on change". This is a bit of an overkill, but it may be the only way. In general (=for performance reasons), it is better to leave it on "on change" and just move the levers to their initial positions after you've started the app.

LORBY-SI