Sign in to follow this  
Guest n99wb

Annoying Voice!

Guest kmastro

Is there anyway to turn off the voice in FSX that tells you you are "to Steep" and "Pull Up". I get this repeatedly on visual approches even though I am descending at a rate of 700 to 1000 FPM.Thanks for any help

I would say 700-1,000 fpm is too steep for your approach final.Most glide slopes are somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5%

Guest kmastro

If I'm on an ILS approch with the auto pilot approch hold switch on, the descent rate is usually in that range and I don't get the voice. Still wondering if there is a way to disable it.BTW. This happens using Posky's new Embraer ERJ145 aircraft

That's the ground proximity warning system that's being annoying. If, like a proper '######in betty' it were a pleasant Kiwi or Irish woman's voice I'd have no problem with it whatsoever, but well, 'Mr. GPWS robot dude' gives me a headache, especially since I only fly fighters. ;)Two ways to 'sack' him:1. Add the following to the end of the aircraft.cfg file of the plane in question.{GPWS} max_warning_height = 0 sink_rate_fpm = -9999 excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -9999 climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -9999 flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -9999As usual replace those brackets around 'GPWS' with square ones.or...2. Go into your fsx/sound folder and look for the files beginning with the name GPWS_????. There should be 5 of them or so. Move them to any other folder outside of the sound folder and you'll never hear him again no matter what plane you fly. I believe sounds get cached, so you'll have to restart FSX before he gets turfed permanently.I'm not sure on the bank angle one though. Just hunt through the wav files till you find him. Cheers,

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

I just flew a trip in the mountains of the Western Us with a Garmin 496-and I was getting lots of "terrain" and "terrain-pull up" verbal messages when landing vfr at airports with high terrain surrounding them. The unit computes your heading and makes assumptions based on your ground speed and direction.I kind of liked it-better to be warned and get your attention than the other way...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Hehe, well 99% of my flying time in FSX is spent at less than 100 feet AGL and over 600 kts, so lemme tell you, that guy gets old FAST. :) Removing those files was the first thing I did after installing FSX last oct. :)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest n99wb

Assign a button or Key combo to the GPWS line in the controllermenu.