Sign in to follow this  
tigran9

selective FMA callouts

On 4/18/2023 at 2:34 PM, FS++ said:

Simple.

In "General" tab of MCE UI, click <More options>.

In "Advanced options panel" enable option "Numlock mutes reco" (it is disabled by default due to the Demo. Someone toggling Numlock key would end-up with no speech reco at all).

Once enabled, toggle all MCE speech reco ON and OFF using that key.

On the same panel, you should see a button <Mute with joy>

Click it and you should be able to assign a joystick button to emulate toggling Numlock.

There is also the "Mike icon" in UI you could use, but that one requires a click which might be annoying. The joystick button will do the trick.

That is a nice feature, and I'm already using that when I'm in cruise, because it happens frequently on a 2-12 hour flight that somewhere in my environment noises are picked up and misinterpreted as commands (which, if unnoticed could have catastrophic consequences).

But on the other hand I need my FO ready, for I have several memory.item chacklist flows programmed and in case of a rapid depressurization or TCAS RA I need quick actions and don't have time to remember that I muted him.

We're talking high-level improvements here of course. All these issues arise simply because your plugin is so great!

P.S.: Not so great is that I don't hear "reverse green" and "spoilers" callouts anymore on landings (TOLISS A319 / 321 /346)... could I have accidentally disabled it?

On 4/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, tigran9 said:

That is a nice feature, and I'm already using that when I'm in cruise, because it happens frequently on a 2-12 hour flight that somewhere in my environment noises are picked up and misinterpreted as commands (which, if unnoticed could have catastrophic consequences).

But on the other hand I need my FO ready, for I have several memory.item chacklist flows programmed and in case of a rapid depressurization or TCAS RA I need quick actions and don't have time to remember that I muted him.

We're talking high-level improvements here of course. All these issues arise simply because your plugin is so great!

P.S.: Not so great is that I don't hear "reverse green" and "spoilers" callouts anymore on landings (TOLISS A319 / 321 /346)... could I have accidentally disabled it?

Indeed.

By the way, you can relax knowing that this isn't VoiceAttack.

All critical actions are safeguarded against accidental trigger. Fo will want you to confirm before going ahead with the task. Even the first engine start will require confirmation.

Even turning off autopilot or autothrottle once airborne are deemed critical, let alone "shutdown engine one", "irs one off"(once engines are running), "gear up" which he will never obey on ground etc...

With regards call-outs with Toliss A3XX, Get this patch

Replace plugin file inside X-Plane installation folder as per folder structure. Should detect reversers on and spoiler deployment.

On 4/19/2023 at 12:38 AM, FS++ said:

It is V3.0.3.5 and you don't even need to perform a full flight.

Start MSFS, PMDG 737 ready to takeoff with spoilers armed. Start MCE.

Initiate TOGA and at about 100 knots, abort take off using reverse thrust. Fo should pick-up reversers (if used), spoiler deployment and obviously 60 knots callout.

Haven't had the opportunity yet to test with the PMDG 737, but I just noticed that with the newest version there are "thrust set" and "V1" callouts at touchdown in the Fenix A320. I used idle reverse, in case that makes a difference.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 4/19/2023 at 12:38 AM, FS++ said:

It is V3.0.3.5 and you don't even need to perform a full flight.

Start MSFS, PMDG 737 ready to takeoff with spoilers armed. Start MCE.

Initiate TOGA and at about 100 knots, abort take off using reverse thrust. Fo should pick-up reversers (if used), spoiler deployment and obviously 60 knots callout.

Just tested with the PMDG. Speedbrake and reverser callouts work now, but I'm still hearing the 60 kts callout three times and the 100 kts callout on takeoff doesn't seem to work (I've pasted the new section in the mce.ini and set 100 kts callout to 1).

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

Just tested with the PMDG. Speedbrake and reverser callouts work now, but I'm still hearing the 60 kts callout three times and the 100 kts callout on takeoff doesn't seem to work (I've pasted the new section in the mce.ini and set 100 kts callout to 1).

Thanks for feedback.

The 100 knots callout only applies to supported Airbus types (currently Fenix A320, Flybywire mod, Inibuilds A310). It will never happen witb a B737 or other planes even if option is enabled. TBH it shouldn't even be in the ini file since it's Airbus SOP and I have never heard of an airline that decided to drop it.

Regarding the other post related to Fenix A320...

Supported planes use different code paths in "Simco64_Ldr.exe" as far as switches state and manipulation are concerned. What they do share is situational awareness like position, aircraft_on_ground, current Speed, Heading, weather etc...,

Therefore it's unlikely a fix to one switch on plane A would affect the same switch on plane B.

Throttle lever detection will be looked at closely for Fenix A320 to see if it's reporting the correct values. Could be why Fo briefly thaught that you were taking off as soon as you hit the ground and used idle reverse.

Incidentally, it was the reason FO wasn't calling reversers and speedbrake in 737. The values read using the workaround (the SDK doesn't provide those) weren't in synch with what "mce.exe" was expecting to make call-outs. Now definitely sorted for the 737, for the latest version at least, unless they change something later on.

Will eventually post new "Simco64_Ldr.exe" later this week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FS++ said:

The 100 knots callout only applies to supported Airbus types (currently Fenix A320, Flybywire mod, Inibuilds A310). It will never happen witb a B737 or other planes even if option is enabled. TBH it shouldn't even be in the ini file since it's Airbus SOP and I have never heard of an airline that decided to drop it.

Thanks! As for the 100 kts callout, it would be cool to have that available for the 737 according to what's set in the mce.ini. At least one airlines uses the 100 kts callout in the 737. 😉

@FS++ I used max reverse in the Fenix A320 yesterday and didn't hear the V1 and thrust set callouts on touchdown. Seems it really is because of idle reverse that MCE thinks I'm taking off.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:24 AM, Nixoq said:

@FS++ I used max reverse in the Fenix A320 yesterday and didn't hear the V1 and thrust set callouts on touchdown. Seems it really is because of idle reverse that MCE thinks I'm taking off.

Get the latest Beta

Callouts now have their dedicated panel for customization to negate the need to fiddle with "mce.ini"

GSX Pro integration has begun, but it's far from complete considering the sheer number of supported planes.

For now JF Bae146 has basic support for the items you would need most like Fo assisting with all dials, flaps and external lights. It will take more time to train the Fo to accurately control 90%+ of the switches. Don't use flows or expect checklist to work right now, unless you're using option "No state check".

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1