Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

PSS Airbus group and Eaglesoft Citation X success in FSX!

On a previous post, I mentioned that after a reformat and reinstallation of everything I had panel problems with the PSS Airbusses installed in FSX. Previously, they had worked fine. This was common on all of them. A few days ago, I finally tried again by copying from FS9 and had no trouble at all. There are a few edits needed to get everything working well, but if someone wants another set of aircraft option availabilities which include working FMC's I recommend this effort. On the FlightSim fSX forum Do an advanced search for the author, Amedee Vermeire ("avermeire) for a good installation routine. Also take a peek at my post, "Strange PSS Airbus Phenomena" (or do a search for author, rhodges) on this site or flightsim for another recommendation regarding flight stability. The PSS A319, A320, A321, and A330/A340 birds fly beautifully as well as the IFDG group with the PSS Panel. For what it is worth, I also have the PSS Dash 8, Concord, and Boeing 777's imported as well.When FSX hit the shelves, one of the first FS9 aircraft I attempted to install into FSX was the Eaglesoft Citation X. I was not successful. This was many months ago and this old memory has forgotten what the problem was. Thanks to a post by someone else recently which said that they were successful, I gave it another try this morning and to my joy, as near as I can tell everything works perfectly. She is presently in the air on the way to KCVGI have no idea what caused the previous problems, but something has changed to the good. For the Eaglesoft Citation X my previous unsuccessful effort for FSX was before SP1. Maybe that had something to do with it. In any case, this has turned into one of those situations where it pays to give it up for a while and sleep on it, then return and give it another try. If you have had similar experiences with no sucess with these birds in the past (or with others) it might be well worth another try.Happy flying:RTH

Yes, the ES Citation does work, albeit without the passenger windows/glass showing up from the exterior.But hey, I fly my aircraft from the cockpit ;)

>Yes, the ES Citation does work, albeit without the passenger>windows/glass showing up from the exterior.>>But hey, I fly my aircraft from the cockpit ;)There are other issues as well but that's for another day and another time:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Version 2 should purty much fix everything Ron :D.....awaiting patiently....

>Version 2 should purty much fix everything Ron :D>>>.....awaiting patiently....Correct Brian:-) Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Good to hear from you Ron.Being that I don't pay that much attention to eye candy unless something is really drastic, about the only other thing of significance I have noticed is she is a bit quirky on engine starts. This is not unique to the Citation X, and on every bird that I have noticed that has this problem it seems to be related to insufficient bleed air. If someone knows of an airfile or aircraft.cfg edit to increase this item, I'll bet normal starting would be possible too.Starts fine with the old MS CTR + E bit, but works some of the time with the normal start routine if you fiddle enough with all of the switches, and doesn't work at other times. Flys just like it always has to me though. In FS9 the ES Citation X is my default bird at my home airport in the dandy Eaglesoft Hanger. I am tickled to get this bird working in FSX. AS IS, it is the best executive jet available for FSX IMHO.Anxiously awaiting the new version, but to me patience is the word with all of the projected new features. If Eaglesoft can pull off what is promised, it will be one of a kind.Keep up the good work.RTH

>"AS IS, it is the best executive jet available for FSX IMHO." >"If Eaglesoft can pull off what is promised, it will be one of a kind."It's comments like these that make us want to take whatever time is needed to deliver the very finest CX 750 for both sim versions and we are progressing toward that goal:-)Again thanks for the vote of confidence guys.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hello again Ron:One item I sure would like to see modified for the new Citation X:The blue frequency text in the existing Console/RMU panel for this bird sure is hard for these old eyes to see. This has been the case with several video card upgrades, so I don't think it is the hardware. If the color could be changed to something easier to see, or at least the intensity be increased it sure would be appreciated.On the other hand, if there is some edit that is already available that I could make to improve this, please so indicate. Forgive my ignorance if this is the case.Not meaning to complain and this is something that I can certainly live with, but if there is a way to improve the visability of this item it sure would be nice.Respectfully:RTH

>Hello again Ron:>>One item I sure would like to see modified for the new>Citation X:>>The blue frequency text in the existing Console/RMU panel for>this bird sure is hard for these old eyes to see. This has>been the case with several video card upgrades, so I don't>think it is the hardware. If the color could be changed to>something easier to see, or at least the intensity be>increased it sure would be appreciated.>>On the other hand, if there is some edit that is already>available that I could make to improve this, please so>indicate. Forgive my ignorance if this is the case.>>Not meaning to complain and this is something that I can>certainly live with, but if there is a way to improve the>visability of this item it sure would be nice.>>Respectfully:>RTHRTH, no harm in asking questions:-)We are bound to the color values of the real Honeywell Primus 2000 but we are doing a total rebuild of the system using Hyper Gauge Technology and increasing panel resolution to 1600X1200 for an increase in sharpness and legibility.For more on our CX2.0 you are welcome register in our forums and state any other requests/concerns you may have:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest ac772LR

Have you managed to get the T7 to work in FSX? I've tried importing it, but it always seems to crash my system after a few key presses.Any advice on how to get this great aircraft to work would be greatly appreciated.Bill

Hello Bill:After I install/copy/import a bird into FSX I usually take a spin around the patch once at least and make an ILS approach to see if that is working. I usually assume that she will fly if everything is Kosher after such a try until something nasty raises its head later.Unless I am mistaken I did take a flight after installing the T7 to see if the FMC worked though. I don't remember any problems, but let me take another crack at it and check it out. I will let you know what I find.I don't think I have checked out the FMC in the Dash 8 this time,but it worked fine on my previous installation before reformat/reinstallation of everything. I have made several flights (FMC Controlled) with both the 319-321 airbusses and the A340's (and an IFDG version or two with the PSS FMC). Flew like a dream (after the few edits I mentioned in my post).I'll make a reply after a flight or two with the PSS Boeing 777. I agree with you it is a fine contribution to flightsim.Happy flying:RTHHappy Flying:RTH

Hello again Bill:Well, good news and bad news I am afraid (probably mostly bad news). I do not have any system crash problems at all with the bird but there are other issues. When I select and load the aircraft, it comes up with the engines running and immediately shuts them down. I have not been able to restart them. This is not unique to this plane and I have had that experience with some other third party imports. I believe that it is insufficient bleed air but have not found how to increase it yet. However, with all of other aircraft that have had this problem, they will start with the old MS Ctrl. + E bit. The 777 ignores me in both cases with the exception of the following: I can switch to an MSFS helicopter and start the engines, switch back to the 777 and the engines keep running. This did not work by switching between other aircraft like the default Baron or 172.VNav and Autothrottle do not work. LNav works fine (as well as the sloppy AP control will let it.) Some other aircraft had this quirk, possibly the PSS Airbusses, I don't remember which right now and I simply controlled altitude (AP Alt select and Vertical speed) and speed manually. Everything else worked fine.Worst of all which pretty well negates automatic control is that the autopilot is extremely sloppy. In anything near close quarters the aircraft searches back and forth for headings without ever really locking in on them, and it gets progressively worse. AP tuneing might help this, but it probably would take a considerable amount of tweaking. In route, apparently my waypoints were far enough apart that this was not an issue and it did track after a cycle or two until I got ready to set up my approach.The plane does give FMC routing capability, looks pretty and flys manually pretty well. If you wanted to use that feature for long range flight programming and do everything else manually, she does fly, but this leaves a lot to be desired, particularly with other options (I would recommend the iFly 747-400 (freeware) or the LDS 767 (Not free, but well worth the $$$ IMHO).Sorry!RTH

RTH,You mentioned that you had the PSS Dash8 also working fine in FSX. Does that include the digital guages too or just the analogue ones. I seem to get an error when trying to run the digital style panel.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hello Stuart:Forgive my ignorance, but I am not sure exactly what you mean by "digital style panel". I guess I didn't know such an animal was available unless the following is what you are talking about. If you are talking about the 3d virtual panel, I am afraid I am not much help as I rarely use one. I did take a peek, and everything seems to be working there too, but I don't see any digital reference.I am presently flying from KLWB to KCVG with the DHC-8-300, US Air Livery, Modified PSS panel. Going smoothly with no problems.All of the digital readouts which are in the center of the analog gauges are responding correctly if that is what you are talking about. Also, I get correct readings when the mouse pointer is placed over tha applicable gauges. Everything seems to be working, including my FMC loaded flight plan saved long ago. It has been so long since I flew this bird, and it took a little while to remember how things worked ("aux" for the FMC).Is this what you are talking about, or specifically what are you addressing relative to the "digital style panel".The only problem with the bird I see is like several other third party aircraft from FS9, startup is a bit squirly. I found that I needed to go back and make the default Baron my default aircraft with the engines running. (Gonna try that for the 777 too and see what happens). Then the engines were running with the Dash 8. After I shut them down, I can restart with the MS Ctrl + E repeatedly with no problem. I was able to start with the Dash 8 provisions by letting her spool up as far as it would go (which is not enough), then switching off the "Engine Start....Select" switches. Strange. I got the same results with a jet by turning off the battery switch, but it wasn't consistent.Heaven forbid to do such a thing, but I need to go back and carefully read the manuals on all of these birds to be sure the problem isn't just a short between my ears, but I am pretty sure that bleed air in most cases or something similar is weak for these birds in fSX. If you are not a pureist concerning cold and dark startups, most fly nicely though.If the digital readout in the analogs is not what you are talking about, let me know what the gauges are and I will see if I can take a peek. Sorry for the confusion.Respectfully:RTH

Guest ac772LR

Thanks for the feedback, RTH, that's what I came up with too. I really love the T7, and am waiting patiently for PSS to upgrade the bird to FSX. Here's hoping it will be soon.Cheers,Bill