Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

PSS Airbus group and Eaglesoft Citation X success in FSX!

RTH,Thanks for your comprehensive reply. I think I am the one with something short between my ears, as it seems I was thinking of my Eurowings 146 aircraft, which has both electronic and analogue guage versions and only the analogue works in FSX. I was getting mixed up and thought this was related to the PSS Dash8 300. Oh well, thos grey cells aren't what they used to be !I too find that start sequences, using switches, don't seem to work too well with most of the FS9 ported aircraft, which really is a shame. I wish someone could come up with a solution, perhaps modifying the .air file or .cfg files. Alternatively, maybe ACES could look into it, although they probably would not read this particular thread. If there are any technically minded folk out there than can throw any light on why these start-up sequences don't work in FSX that would be great.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Engine starting in FSX is a poster-child example of what happens when programmers fix something that has been "broken" for several versions......there are unintended consequences to the work of gauge programmers for those earlier "broken" commands who'd purposely built in "solutions" to overcome the "broken" commands.In short, engine starting using pre-FSX gauge code won't work. Period.This is but one of many reasons why FS9 "imports" to FSX will never be 100% successful.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wish the Premier1 was going to come out for FSX.It's my favorite aircraft. Perfect for medium hops.