Sign in to follow this  

first Direct X 10 screenshots!!!

>My prediction is that Phil will *personally* turn the cockpit>rain effect back on in the Sim because it should never have>been switched off :)>>Vox

Matthew S

I am not sure, but I think the time would be better spent on FS XI.I don't really care anymore about DX10 and consider the opportunity missed for FSX. I just think the time would be better spent going back to the drawing board to deliver a good FS XI unlike the pre-SP1 fiasco, which was crippled by bad timing and a rush by MS to deliver FSX before the holidays - long before Vista was even ready and even longer before DX10 hit the desktop.SP1 fixed most issues, the devs have been great and supportive - time to move on. It would have also been better for add-on devs as SP1 has delayed many good add-ons and I am afraid the same is happening now pre-SP2.Visa and FSX have been slight disappointment and I don't think that I stand alone with that opinion. Sure, FSX works "okay" right now and I welcome the new features, but I feel that SP2 and especially "Acceleration" are just a waste of manpower.Graphically, I feel that we're as good as it gets. Now freeze the graphical enhancements and let the software catch up for a cycle so that everyone can enjoy FS XI with DX10.x. Give us a better flightplanner, get rid of blurries and stutters, optimize the code, better ATC with more voices and SID/STARs, a more comprehensive SDK, volumetric lighting/shaders and sloped runways and I am sure noone will complain.Pat

>Early Post by him in this thread:>>>I expect the magic screenies to be comming to life soon.>>>Later post by him in this thread:>>>There will be little or no noticeable difference>>between DX10 and DX9. That was BEFORE and AFTER the comment by Phil. Jeez......

Guest MauiHawk

>SP1 fixed most issues, the devs have been great and supportive>- time to move on. It would have also been better for add-on>devs as SP1 has delayed many good add-ons and I am afraid the>same is happening now pre-SP2.I see what you are getting at, but your suggestion became impossible the moment the magic screenies were released. I'm already disappointed that DX10 support has taken as long as it has and will be as limited as eluded to by Phil in light of the original fanfare that convinced me (and many others) to purchase Vista and DX10 hardware. You think there's an uproar now about the magic screenies... Avsim would be calling in riot police if SP2 were cancelled altogether.> get rid of blurries and stutters,> optimize the code, > volumetric lighting/shaders I think all 3 of these will be addressed to some degree by SP2. So why wait 2-3 years for it? People are calling for a re-write for FSXI because of negative aspects of FSX, but honestly I think part of the problem with FSX may have simply been that too much was rewritten for FSX such that they didn't have time for optimizations prior to release. They are about to put on the second coat of polish so that FSX can be (almost) everything it was meant to be... what I think would be a waste is to give up after coming this far by not applying that final coat of polish.

We shall see.. The median FS release time has been traditionally 2 years (25 years/12 releases).Pat

>especially "Acceleration" are just a waste of manpower.BAH!!! Acceleration adds everything I ever wanted in FSX. A beefy chooper, a warbird with insane boost, and a fighter jet with an accurate afterburner.

>There is some good stuff in there, but from both a DX9 and>DX10 perspective some people are going to be disappointed.Phil, there will always be some who're disappointed, even if they get something for free! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

all of those features that Mauihawk listed earlier sound nice, even if some arent in the actual dx10 upgrade, but for me i would love to see a less computer demanding, and better framerates from the dx10, and maybe a few newer featureshey phil is is possible for u to speed up the jetways, they take almost 5 minutes to dock to the plane sometimes. i love the jetway feature, but that is one thing that really annoys me.

Fsx took 4 years. I think the game is getting so big / so many features that it needs more develpoment time - Which is fine by me because it will take 2 or 3 years to start seeing what FSX can really deliver in terms of add-ons.

Guest unitedpilot36

I'm hoping the next version will be a huge leap forward like the FS 2000- FS 2002 jump. Take your time, Aces, and don't screw it up this time!!:-mad Only kidding of course...

Guest EvilNando

All I really want to see for the next release, is a less demanding softwarelike fs2002 or fs2004, I can remember the first time I fired up those sims it was joy, (yeah I had some aspects not maxed like autogen ,cloud generation and traffic but it was smooth and loading times were acceptable)I really want to like fsx, and maybe I will someday, like in about 4 years from nowPMDG was commited to releasing all of its upcoming products for FSX only, just recently to reformulate its roadmap and include fs2004 compatibility to their new products, this single fact its strong enough for me to realize that fsx its a big dissapointment

>Anyway, Astro recognized this not really your issue. I don't>think that means he no longer has the right to be upset about>the magic screenies. ...True, but I also don't think he has the "right" to constantly bombard us with the same old tired mantra. Once is more than enough, at a stretch twice, but...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html