Sign in to follow this  

first Direct X 10 screenshots!!!

As it turns out crysis beta is actually dx9 and not dx10! I found that out today. I can't wait for dx10 if it looks this good in dx9. The beta is an open fileplanet beta anyway so no NDA afaik. The demo is out next week and hopefully it will be dx10. Incredible game.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Mistake eh? I WILL get to the bottom of all this. I bet it was you Phil who painted and posted that DX10 paint-by-number shot with the mountains and silver water. Give me Bill Gate's cell number, beginning with area code, please. He needs to hear it from MSFS's number one fan about this! Besides, I have some ideas about FS11 and how to fix some of these darn Vista bugs. Better yet, you can ask him (no, tell him!) to pencil me in for lunch on Friday. Tell him not to worry though, it's on me. There's a Micky-Ds right around the corner RH

>Fsx took 4 years. I think the game is getting so big / so>many features that it needs more develpoment time - Which is>fine by me because it will take 2 or 3 years to start seeing>what FSX can really deliver in terms of add-ons.Considering hardly anyone actually makes an addon for fsx I think you are right. I can't believe that almost a year later there are still no good airline addons, no dodo addon, and only a few scenery addons. This waiting game is getting old. I've got money to spend but apparently nobody wants it...________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>>Anyway, Astro recognized this not really your issue. I>don't>>think that means he no longer has the right to be upset>about>>the magic screenies. >>...True, but I also don't think he has the "right" to>constantly bombard us with the same old tired mantra. Once is>more than enough, at a stretch twice, but...>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia>>Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at>http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.htmlI have every right btw. You have the right to choose not to read it too. Maybe I think you shouldn't have the right to bombard us with your lambasting of me but it doesn't change the fact that you're still doing it. Constantly is also a stretch considering I only post here about twice a week on average these days and very rarely to complain, at least not unless it's warranted. If you're going to use an adverb then at least use an appropriate one...________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest MauiHawk

>This is, of course, suggesting that we've guessed all of the>possible features so far.Oh, I'm sure there will be features we haven't guessed. This is just going off the features people have expressed hope for in here (and I'm proabably even missing a couple of those).

>As it turns out crysis beta is actually dx9 and not dx10! I>found that out today. I can't wait for dx10 if it looks this>good in dx9. The beta is an open fileplanet beta anyway so no>NDA afaik. The demo is out next week and hopefully it will be>dx10. Incredible game.>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA>RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupI just downloaded today and my new video card will be here this afternoon.I wasn't aware that there wasn't dx10 support in there.

Also, while we're talking about it, I'd love to get a "games we are playing" thread going in the hanger or something. I'm on TF2 right now as well, and I'd love to get some playtime with you guys.

>Yeah Phil, I didn't mean to bust your chops because I know>that the fault is not with you guys. You guys do a HUGE>service to us aviation buffs. Thanks to your software I have>learned so much about flight and aviation in general. I just>hate being abused by companies that promise the world and then>don't deliver. Hopefully you know where I'm coming from. I>very anxiously await screenies.>>As an aside, I am beta testing crysis and man that game is>amazing. The dx10 effects are just out of this world. Bioshock>is also beautiful although I dont see all that much difference>with it when running in dx9 or dx10. I assume the level of>effects for many games that support both dx9 and dx10 varies>quite a bit. Crysis is revolutionary for sure.>>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA>RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupIf someone else under NDA was possibly but not confirming anything also testing Crysis, he (or she) might be interested in getting a few rounds in together.

I agree. It is not that FSX hit the streets a few weeks ago. Developers had a preview and SDK months before the release, so it's been a good 1.5 years. HifiSim, FSGenesis, Eaglesoft and the team of Ultimate Terrain has proven that it is possible. Carenado's aircraft collection was available/patched weeks after the release.I think that some smaller developers should team up to bundle forces, knowledge and development skills. Or smaller devs who are not interested or able to patch their products should make it available open-source.Just think about former excellent projects, like Active Camera, FSHotSeat, FS Navigator, etc. that are just not getting patched and updated. Oh well.Pat

>Also, while we're talking about it, I'd love to get a "games>we are playing" thread going in the hanger or something. I'm>on TF2 right now as well, and I'd love to get some playtime>with you guys.That would be cool. I just finished MOHA and am now just starting bioshock.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup