Sign in to follow this  
klimpen

P3D news

5 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Really?? LM is a Defense Contractor 1st and above all else. They are happy to share Prepar3d with the Sim world but for lots of very good reasons they have no desire to be mixed up with the silly stuff that has become the norm with a lot of online gamers and hackers. One needs to look no farther than this weeks news about Bud-NOT-so-wiser or even the American Government for a couple of reasons why that might be so.

What do you mean by silly stuff ? I just want them to be a bit more engaging and transparent with the community(whats left of it anyways). Is that too much to ask now ?

Edited by Baber20

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

15 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I just want them to be a bit more engaging and transparent with the community(whats left of it anyways). Is that too much to ask now ?

It's not too much, but, have patience. We should be patient. After all they work on so many projects, this is not their only project atm. 

I am almost more interested in how the community reacts to the release of v6 than the product itself!

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

Usually only a week or so prior to release do they start to provide info.

Then we install, test fly, ….and then the wait begins for the hotfixe(s) to be released.  And round & round we go…

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

36 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

It's not too much, but, have patience. We should be patient. After all they work on so many projects, this is not their only project atm. 

If they have time to plan a conference exhibit, they have time to post an update on their blog about what the future holds for P3D. They don't have "so many projects" - all the P3D team does is.... P3D. It's not about time, it's simply their policy not to communicate. I personally think this policy has done immense harm to the P3D market in terms of enthusiast home users, but I'm sure that doesn't matter because a handful of users with $60 academic licenses pales in comparison to their big contracts. 

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am almost more interested in how the community reacts to the release of v6 than the product itself!

Same as V5. Begrudging acceptance from P3D users after a year of necessary patches to stop VRAM OOMing due to the DX12 switch and to everyone else, it'll be a laughing stock because they'll make aesthetic comparisons to MSFS. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chapstick said:

but I'm sure that doesn't matter because a handful of users with $60 academic licenses pales in comparison to their big contracts. 

You are right. Just for information, not all of them use the 60 dollar license. Myself included. Also, I think Matt Davies as well. And yes, I completely agree it is a policy. However I don't think this affects the fandom that much, because if a person is so anxious what a new version of the sim he / she plays that is kind of condescending towards the company. I know this might sound rude, but already the newest sim platform took most of the users, even worse - the flight sim reddit became mostly MSFS2020 and XP posts, very rarely P3D and FSX posts, that is not to blame towards Lockheed Martin and what are they future plans for our sim. After all even if they decide to post data about the sim and the meeting on FSExpo is not enough, than, why you are so interested in news when already so many people went to another sim and completely abandoned the Prepar3D platform? 

• Upvote 1

You all seemed to miss this text: "the three-day event features a series of product reveals at a hotel on Friday, June 23"

"Product Reveals"

So, it looks like they are going to announce v6, and a date, presumably for when folks can buy it? 🤩

You are a bit off on that one potentially.  It's a cut and paste statement from fsexpo.  On friday there are a bunch of scheduled product reveals.  There are still two slots that haven't been revealed yet, but that is what they are referring to.

Of course, it could be something from LM, but their statement so far is they are doing a Q and A on the current status and future of p3d.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Well, while we are on the subject of speculation... why not a version licensed from Microsoft- Asobo called MSFS Pro, MSFS Prepar3D Edition, MSFS Academic, or MSFS Lite? How about a version called X-Plane P3D Edition? These seem like a lot easier and cheaper to do than creating a new or improved platform.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 4/14/2023 at 5:45 PM, Baber20 said:

What do you mean by silly stuff ? I just want them to be a bit more engaging and transparent with the community(whats left of it anyways). Is that too much to ask now ?

Well I don't know if you are asking too much or not. I don't think it is going to happen but who knows. What I do know about us Flight Sim guys is that even if LM comes out with a new version 6 of P3D that comes with a set of the new magic exploding batteries now being flooded into the world and will give us real smoke and fire in our home cockpits then within hours of release there will be a roar here on the forums that we now have to buy our own fire suppression systems and fire bottles which is not fair and should have been included at no cost to us. 

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

No way is Microsoft going to sell a commercial licence to LM after investing so much into MSFS. They offered the commercial licence franchise Code for FSX back in 2010 no takers otherwise MSFS would never have happened if they had. 

And it`s only XBOX that made them bring it back. And made it available on game pass.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

No way is Microsoft going to sell a commercial licence to LM after investing so much into MSFS. They offered the commercial licence franchise Code for FSX back in 2010 no takers otherwise MSFS would never have happened if they had. 

And it`s only XBOX that made them bring it back. And made it available on game pass.

To me, it makes sense for Microsoft to maximize the success of MSFS and to squeeze as much profit as they can from MSFS. Why not?  So long as LM continue their adherence to the licensing terms and continue to limit their scope to commercial and academic markets, it's a win-win situation for Microsoft and Lockheed. Microsoft earns money, and Lockheed saves money.

And, they don't have to compete with each other. Competition is a waste of time when there are better opportunities from cooperation.

Microsoft won't have a competition with Lockheed in the consumer market. I just don't see the number one defense contractor in the world creating stuff for XBox (Lockheed's sale total for 2022 was U$22 Billion. That's a capital 'B').  All Lockheed has to do is probably forgo profits from the sale of one plane lol eg. F-22 Raptor | Digital, Dominant, Ready | Lockheed Martin. It can then focus resources in the possible scenario of war escalating in Ukraine.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Not entirely correct. MS will never sell the core. They license ESP to P3D and on the consumer level we had Dovetail games investing millions in the license only to get burned when MSFS decided to take everything back and go with Asobo. Nobody wins with MS

Edited by Garys

25 minutes ago, Garys said:

Nobody wins with MS

And that's how they like it.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Garys said:

Not entirely correct. MS will never sell the core. They license ESP to P3D and on the consumer level we had Dovetail games investing millions in the license only to get burned when MSFS decided to take everything back and go with Asobo. Nobody wins with MS

Yup, probably true about Microsoft. I believe in the early days of Microsoft when it was competing with Lotus 123, and it was asked about the future of Microsoft Excel, the reply was said to have been: "Excel is not done, until Lotus 123 is gone.".

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1