Sign in to follow this  
Jayjay

FSX and Apple iMac running XP or Vista?

Guest steve413

Hello - I'm curious if anyone here has any first hand experience, results or thoughts on running FSX on an Intel Mac. I'm an enthusiast with FS, no expert like many of you - switched to Macs a couple of years ago and haven't used FS since. Just bought a new Mac today and intend on having Windows installed as well for things like FS and a few other pieces of software. Really miss it and with FSX appearing to get better as time goes by, I'm going through withdrawl! Thanks in advance for any feedback/thoughts.Steve

Guest CocoLoco

There are a few of us around here who use FSX on a Mac (via Bootcamp, not Parallels). It works very well on my MacBook Pro with XP (Dual Core 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 8600GT 256MB VRAM). If you have similar or better specs on your Mac then you should be fine. It's great to be able to boot into either OS depending upon what you want to do. I'm hoping that this configuration will be the way I use computers from now on.RegardsDavid

I've run it on my Macbook in XP with bootcamp - runs pretty slowly due to the Intel integrated graphics (mine's not a MB Pro) but it does run...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

FS9 and FSX are running very well on my MacBook Pro Dual Core 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 8600GT 256MB VRAM via a Bootcamp WinXP partition. FS9 and FSX are installed on an external HD.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI