Sign in to follow this  
SetSpeed

Iblueyonder KDal issue

Hello all,

I have really been enjoying KDAL but I do have an issue. Since installing KDAL, I now have a missing scenery tile just north of the airport. It’s a large square with no buildings. Cars still moving around on this blurry texture . I’m trying to figure out if it’s unique to my setup. Anyone else experiencing the same?

thanks

I have not noticed that but they did just release an update to 1.1.0.  I am not sure if you have that version installed or not.  I would also maybe uninstall/reinstall the airport as that could solve the problem as well.  Do you have any other sceneries installed for the area?

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It is now the latest version. I have inibuilds kokc to the north and ksat to the south. Nothing in the immediate kdal area.

thanks

Edited by SetSpeed

Can’t rule out an internet issue. However, no other place in msfs has this issue. To include anywhere in the us northeast, Chicago, California, etc. 

Do you have all of the World Updates installed and up to date? The area around Love Field was pretty messed up until somewhat recently. Not sure if that was included in a WU or what exactly. I would have thought they fixed it at the base ortho level though.

Edited by kiwikat

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I only have the USA world updates. Do updates for other parts of the world make a difference for the USA? I only fly in the USA.

11 hours ago, SetSpeed said:

Hello all,

I have really been enjoying KDAL but I do have an issue. Since installing KDAL, I now have a missing scenery tile just north of the airport. It’s a large square with no buildings. Cars still moving around on this blurry texture . I’m trying to figure out if it’s unique to my setup. Anyone else experiencing the same?

thanks

No. And flew into this new KDAL just yesterday via the circuitous RNAV (GPS) Y RWY 13R approach, which covers the area you mention.  What I will say however is that after rounding fix BINAY I entered hesitations, and later freeze frame performance, which I have not had elsewhere since I first upgraded from a 1080 to an RTX 3070 then to an RTX 3080. 

Whatever caused that seemed to continue today on two subsequent flights from different locations. Very hesitant performance and I had not even touched any MSFS General Options settinigs.  After the end of my second flight today, at an addon KLGB, Long Beach, I deleted my MSFS Rolling Cache and my reward was smooth performance again.  Cannot say with certainty, but it seemed like this addon KDAL with surrounding city scenery, influenced something during my subsequent flights.

Did I read there is alreay an update?

SetSpeed, there are only two world updates that should be affecting Asobo created MSFS USA scenery and you mention you have them installed. Perhaps use Content Manager to remove both and then reinstall both.

I do not recall seeing any missing tiles anywhere in MSFS.  I fly exclusively USA and Caribbean/Mexico and do not currently have any unrelated World Updates installed.  They are just too easy to install when the time comes.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On second thought the blurred image you posted appears to be a performance retarded result.  Try flying that area without this new addon KDFW activated.  You do use the MSFS Addons Manager, right?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here is a screenshot with iblueyonder KDAL uninstalled.  Looks ok in this screenshot.  My system does not like iblueyonder KDAL.

52818773800_04c4e5221b_k.jpg