Sign in to follow this  
irocx

FSX Lear 45 Thrust Reverser F2 Key Question

Guest pchalpin0855

F2 key provides reverse thrust only in the left engine on landing in Lear 45. How do I get it to work for both engines at the same time? I am using CH Products yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant, which I understand do not allow thrust reversal. Actually, I'm perfectly satisfied using the F2 key. It works on all of the other jets.I guess while I'm at it, I'll ask how to get the four 747 engines to work (forward thrust) using the two Throttle Quadrant thrust levers? I now have to use the two TQ levers for the left engines, and the Yoke single lever for the right engines.

Guest pchalpin0855

>F2 key provides reverse thrust only in the left engine on>landing in Lear 45. How do I get it to work for both engines>at the same time? >>I am using CH Products yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant,>which I understand do not allow thrust reversal. Actually, I'm>perfectly satisfied using the F2 key. It works on all of the>other jets.>>I guess while I'm at it, I'll ask how to get the four 747>engines to work (forward thrust) using the two Throttle>Quadrant thrust levers? I now have to use the two TQ levers>for the left engines, and the Yoke single lever for the right>engines. Thanks to all who read my post. Unfortunately, apparently there are at least 66 of us out here who cannot answer these questions.Does anyone have a clue as to where we can reseach the answers?

Guest phenom

Make that 67. :(I don't have any of that hardware - I use the Saitek X45. I've got the thrust reversers assigned to button 20 on the Saitek. Perhaps that's something you could try?I can't help you with the 747 issue, I'm afraid.

I bound "decrease engine quickly" to a button on my stick. At least I think that is what it is called. That did the trick, but then again, im not using a quadrant.try binding that command from inside the controls menu, see if it works.Danon-

Guest pchalpin0855

Thanks Danon, I appreciate your input. But the "decrease engine quickly" function of F1, and the "decrease engine" function of F2, both work perfectly all the time. F2 just won't reverse the thrust as it should in the Lear 45's two engines, only the left engine.Also, from all I've read, it is impossible to have any reverse thrust function on any plane with CH Products stuff ( a known deficiency at CHP) because there is no button assigned to "reverse thrust", or listed as "reverse thrust" in the FSX Options/Command/Button list.This problem, as I said, is only with the Lear 45. Perhaps it's an FSX deficiency that MS doesn't know about, but I find that hard to believe.Happy LandingsPeter

Guest phenom

What if, in calibration of the throttle levers, you didn't move them all the way down? Instead stopping just short of all the way down? Then, when you move them all the way down, the sim will be tricked into a reverse thrust?Just a thought.

Guest pchalpin0855

Thanks Phenom. Interesting concept. I never considered it. I'm the one that usually is the trickee. I'll give that a try.

Guest phenom

Be sure to reply back on that. I'm interested to know if it'll work. I've heard that suggestion before but never tried it.

>>>>>>Also, from all I've read, it is impossible to have any reverse thrust function on any plane with CH Products stuff ( a known deficiency at CHP) because there is no button assigned to "reverse thrust", or listed as "reverse thrust" in the FSX Options/Command/Button list.>>>>>>HI, I fly the LJ45 all the time and have the reverse thrust assigned to the #1 button(top left)on my CH Yoke. Go into FSX assignments for the CH Yoke, assign the F2 key to any button you choose, then slide the "repeat" slider to the right. This should give you incremental deployment of the reverse thrusters - meaning you need to press the button several times for full reverse thrust. BTW, I'm using the CH Manager and am assuming one can still do this without it. I have never been able to assign reverse thrust to any of the axes, but I am able to use one to arm and deploy the spoilers - works great. Hope it helps,Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall