Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

4k TV with a 4070 ti poor performance

3 hours ago, stesma54 said:

Sorry for bothering: I have a gsync monitor 144hz, do I need to set max frame rate even with a gsync monitor?

thanks

I've found it to be different than what Nvidia says.  I was getting stutters unless I locked to like 80 or 141 etc something high up.  If you don't get stutters then just leave it

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I've found it to be different than what Nvidia says.  I was getting stutters unless I locked to like 80 or 141 etc something high up.  If you don't get stutters then just leave it

thanks alot!

@dmarques69 Long shot here, but I found extreme stuttering all of a sudden in my game and the way to fix it was to clear the rolling cache - normally I only need to do this after an update but alas it happened out of the blue. If you don't use rolling cache then ignore this. If you do, try clear it if you haven't already.

On 4/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, Eef said:

Thanks for your reply and settings, will try. I can set my tv also to 50hz, didnt tried that yet :). What is your screen resolution?

In the fenix tool do you run it on cpu, gpu or igpu? balanced?

This is the tool: https://github.com/muumimorko/MSFS_AdaptiveLOD . Someone created it last year. When dynamic lod is set to adjust in real time to fps I also found it created stutters, but not with the altitude table, need more testing though. Hopefully some real good solution is coming some day.

It looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

How do you open the program...?

1 hour ago, Ado198 said:

I would also like to know how to start the program. Maybe the developer removed something.

Did you manage to download it ? This may be the long-awaited software to remove stutter on the ground and not lose quality in flight. A lot of people here were asking for a real-time updated LOD

I did download  it under the code tab by choosing download zip file. However, there is no exe file so I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm keen to try it as I think it would be very beneficial if it works.

36 minutes ago, Ado198 said:

I did download  it under the code tab by choosing download zip file. However, there is no exe file so I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm keen to try it as I think it would be very beneficial if it works

Yes I think it's dead!
Too bad I remember on P3D it changed my life

You will have to load the .sln or .csproj file in Visual Studio, if you run it from there it will also compile the .exe file. I don't know if i'm allowed to share the files? 

I have shared the files with Ralf and he has confirmed the following:

The Adaptive_LOD app works great with the Altitude based TLOD option.

The FPS based TLOD option induces stutters though.

So it is far from perfect and there is a lot room for further improvement, but it does work and shows what can be achieved if this tool or something similar is further developed.

Edited by Eef
  • Like 3

I just noticed that Nvidia released a new driver on April 13th, version 531.61.

I was reading the release notes and I saw the entry "Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4070", which made me think of this thread.

I didn't look any further into what adding "support" does at a technical level (it might simply be adding the card's ID to a list) so I do not know the details but it may help the OP's performance issues. If the driver he was using didn't "support" his card, then I suspect that it may not have been even trying to do frame generation.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

8 hours ago, Eef said:

You will have to load the .sln or .csproj file in Visual Studio, if you run it from there it will also compile the .exe file.

I'm going to lean on it to try but I don't understand the manipulation to do there is not an exe already done? I don't know Visual Studio either.

Well heaps up, a Ryzen 7 7700x on the way to help feeding that 4070 ti, lets hope we get some good results of this combo.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

On 4/14/2023 at 7:01 PM, Dazzlercee23 said:

I had an 8700K at 5GHz with an RTX 3080. I kept the 3080 and upgraded to a 13600K, undervolted and overclocked to 5.4 and the stutters have virtually disappeared.

What are your temps like under load with the 13600K?

I have a 3090 but have kept my 13600K at stock with the exception of turning off some goofy stuff MSI has turned on by default in the bios.

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

10 hours ago, HPG said:

What are your temps like under load with the 13600K?

I have a 3090 but have kept my 13600K at stock with the exception of turning off some goofy stuff MSI has turned on by default in the bios.

I run the 13600k at 1.22v at 5.4ghz on all power cores.

Efficiency cores are at stock.

CPU Lite Load is set to 5 in the bios (this dictates the voltage and was set at 12 by default). 

Hyperthreading is on. 

Temps in Cinebench are around 80 and around 65 max in MSFS. The chip now pulls around 150-160w as opposed to 250w at stock settings. 

The cooler is a 240mm AIO by Deepcool. 

Edited by Dazzlercee23