Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Importing route to MSFS issue

I've been using littlenavmap to build flight plans then import into MSFS for years now (mostly) without issue. However after a few months hiatus I just loaded up MSFS today and saw importing my littlenavmap routes causes total havoc. Did something in MSFS change that anyone knows about regarding the routing?

I'll paste a simple route here in the post that should work (but doesn't), in case anyone is feeling interested in loading it up and seeing if it works on their end. This route in particular causes the route to shoot up a thousand miles north for no apparent reason. 

Route: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qlqnWYDpAS6WSTV7EC9t6zrFbrJffIGh/view?usp=share_link

https://ibb.co/D8pwHD2

Thanks for the flight plan and screenshot.

This is a MSFS bug and I thought this was fixed for good with SU12.😞 At least I was not able to reproduce it with SU12.
Do you have the Navigraph navdata update installed in MSFS? Updating or removing this might help.

Only the user waypoint WP1 is move to North. You can assign this to any waypoint to avoid this.

Will try the plan later.

Alex

On 4/15/2023 at 5:37 AM, albar965 said:

Thanks for the flight plan and screenshot.

This is a MSFS bug and I thought this was fixed for good with SU12.😞 At least I was not able to reproduce it with SU12.
Do you have the Navigraph navdata update installed in MSFS? Updating or removing this might help.

Only the user waypoint WP1 is move to North. You can assign this to any waypoint to avoid this.

Will try the plan later.

Alex

hi alex, thanks for your response. So after seeing your response i went ahead and updated LNM to latest version, updated navigraph data to latest version, loaded up a fresh, simple route in NZ and tried again. I'm having the same issue still, as shown in the screenshot. I've also pasted the route

Route: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IhdWmYWmVP6q6XHXWy2MyB0RiZDO3bSo/view?usp=share_link

spacer.png

15 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

ah so you think the custom waypoint is the issue?

Absolutely. This one is moved to North. I'll try the flight plan later but since SU12 I cannot reproduce these errors anymore.

Alex

I tried with your flight plan with and without the Navigraph update and see no issues. The custom waypoint is not moved to North and MSFS can even digest the waypoint ATHNE which does not exist in MSFS stock data.

Do you have any other add-ons installed which modify navdata? Maybe add-on airports which also modify waypoints or something else?

Alex

4 hours ago, albar965 said:

I tried with your flight plan with and without the Navigraph update and see no issues. The custom waypoint is not moved to North and MSFS can even digest the waypoint ATHNE which does not exist in MSFS stock data.

Do you have any other add-ons installed which modify navdata? Maybe add-on airports which also modify waypoints or something else?

Alex

only addon airport I'm using is the NZRO addons for the upgraded Rotorua airport. And I'm flying in Cessna 414. No other mods at all. 

Hmm one thing I just realized is, I updated the Navigraph data for LNM, but forgot to update MSFS itself (which i realized because as you said the ATHNE waypooint was missing). I'll update MSFS. I wonder if that could have been causing the issue.

man, this issue was fixed for a while, not sure why. i was able to import LNM routes with custom waypoints into MSFS. However after the WU today, same issue is happening. I updated airac in both LNM and MSFS (2304). Here is the simple 1 waypoint route. Do you think it's a Lat/Lon issue since the line is shooting so far north?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>HI01 to PHPA</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <RouteType>LowAlt</RouteType>
        <CruisingAlt>4000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>HI01</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N22° 12' 40.39",W159° 26' 33.73",+000300.00</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>PHPA</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N21° 53' 48.72",W159° 35' 56.89",+000020.00</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>HI01, PHPA</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>PARKING 2</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>Hanalei</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Port Allen</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>11</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>282174</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="HI01">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N22° 12' 37.40",W159° 26' 36.42",+000300.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>HI01</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="WP1">
            <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N22° 5' 58.69",W159° 42' 3.12",+002795.55</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="PHPA">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N21° 53' 48.72",W159° 35' 56.89",+000020.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>PHPA</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
    </FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
</SimBase.Document>

spacer.png

spacer.png

15 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

man, this issue was fixed for a while, not sure why. i was able to import LNM routes with custom waypoints into MSFS. However after the WU today, same issue is happening. I updated airac in both LNM and MSFS (2304). Here is the simple 1 waypoint route. Do you think it's a Lat/Lon issue since the line is shooting so far north?

Thanks for posting the plan.

The coordinate for WP1 is ok. I also checked a lot of other flight plans and see no issues. I'll give this one a try.

Alex

4 hours ago, James Callan said:

Look for new Navigraph data yesterday to solve this problem.

I had just updated the navigraph data in the MSFS and LNM as I mentioned, however I checked again and see there's a 2304 rev.3 update that must be even newer. i'll install it and see what happens

I don't want to bore anyone and I'm just writing this as per my experience, I don't think the issue is with LNM because this has and does happen with other flight planners.

In my humble opinion whenever MSFS sees custom waypoints, departures or arrivals, there's a good chance it will go berserk but not all the time. This happens to me I would say 1 out of every 3 or 4 flights.

So I opened your original flight plan and removed the custom waypoint and MSFS still goes berserk. So I took out the waypoint and the approach, so all I had left was

"NZWR DCT SAMVO DCT NOMAP DCT HOOKS DCT MASDA DCT ATHNE DCT UKDAS DCT NZRO" Even then MSFS still went berserk by inputting a departure and arrival. So I took out the departure and arrival I was able to load it into MSFS and once in there on the pms50 I created a similar waypoint and added the approach and everything from then on was fine.

So until MSFS fixes this "anomaly" what I do is create the flight plan in LNM without any procedures just the included Victor airways and included waypoints if need be, I then load that into MSFS but make sure there are no departures, arrivals or approaches, load the flight and then go into the pms50 and then add included or created waypoints and the approach.

Edit: But just to add that once I load the plan into MSGS I then go back to LNM and load the proper departure, approach to make it easier to select in the GTN

Edited by FPStewy
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD