Sign in to follow this  
polosim

Inibuilds KJFK Terminal seen through the fog

Inibuilds KJFK 

Could someone confirm if in your rigs with MSFS2020, you manage to see the terminal through the fog?. It is not seen in its entirety but in parts and affects several areas. Thanks for taking the time to check and report.

The screenshot was taken at threshold of runway 13L, with visibility reduced by fog but It can also be seen from the air.

spacer.png

20230415121729-1.jpg

This is a known issue with Windows in MSFS - affects the majority of airports from what I have seen.

• Like 4

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Yup.  Just shut down at JFK and had the same thing.  Happens at other airports in fog as well.

• Like 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

4 minutes ago, Donka said:

affects the majority of airports

2 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

JFK and had the same thing.  Happens at other airports in fog as well.

Thanks for your prompt response. I had seen this issue in other simulators but not in MSFS2020, I appreciate your comments.

I've seen that today at KPDX.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I am now at a crossroads. On the one hand, the quality of details and textures of the Inibuilds version is overwhelming, excellent. But on the other hand in the Handcraft version of ASOBO, I didn't see the problem of the transparency of objects or buildings through the fog. Due to the fact that this scenario is frequently used for CAT II and III practices, observing the terminal in the fog destroys the immersion of the practice. I think I will have to be using one scenario or the other according to the needs of the session that takes place.

Thank you all for your comments, hopefully there is a way around this inconvenience.

I complained about this issue as well to them. They could quite easily swap the materials as a work around. Still waiting to hear back.

• Like 3

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I have this issue at KDTW and was told by ini that it was a sim issue with how it handles certain glass textures. 

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Question, please.

They mention ".Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system. " but I can't figure out where is this iniManager to be able to configure this addon. It's not part of the download or any instructions provided unless is something that I missed. 
The other issue is that in real life the RLLS lights for 13L/R are very well visible way before CRI VOR, with this software, they are very dim.
Also as was mentioned there is an issue with certain textures during low visibility conditions and stutters around the airport.
Any help is appreciated regarding that config manager.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

41 minutes ago, LRBS said:

real life the RLLS lights for 13L/R are very well visible way before CRI VOR, with this software, they are very dim.

You are absolutely right about LDIN lights intensity and distance view. Maybe in a near update they’re improved this.

43 minutes ago, LRBS said:

I can't figure out where is this iniManager to be able to configure this addon.

“ …. Purchased KJFK directly through the iniBuilds store and when using the iniManager, you can adjust the aforementioned settings for the scenery. Sadly, this does not seem to be possible if you purchase their sceneries through other stores. But they offer a Store Order Transfer service which allows you to transfer your Simmarket order of KJFK to the iniBuilds store so that you can use the iniManager for adjusting the scenery settings. See this link:

https://forms.inibuilds.com/order-transfer

Sounds complicated, could be easier you’re right again .

:)

10 minutes ago, LRBS said:

For some reason, simmarket is not listed.

Yes, it’s listed 🙂

53313-FC4-5-FE9-489-C-9-D49-EF1-D3-C04-A

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, polosim said:

Yes, it’s listed 🙂

53313-FC4-5-FE9-489-C-9-D49-EF1-D3-C04-A

Thank you so much. I didn't go so far. My mistake. Much appreciated! 

Ahhh, not working for some reason

simm2.png

44 minutes ago, LRBS said:

Ahhh, not working for some reason

Select IniScene option, instead IniSimulations.