Sign in to follow this  
sg69420

Please help this noob :/

Hello, I am attaching pictures of my issue through my Reddit post (sorry for the quality). I just got a streamdeck pretty much exclusively for MSFS, besides for when I stream.

I follow all installation instructions to a T, but when I’m watching others on YouTube install actual profiles, their WebAPI automatically goes to their selected port. Whether I do the default (9080) or custom (6080 and yes I updated it in AAO and the .js folders in the files), it doesn’t give me that option. It only shows enable WebAPIs and I’ve done it several times, restarted/reinstalled the app and restarted my computer several times. I have also done the custom firewall rules.

I am really hoping this is some obvious issue I’m missing. When I load up into the A320 (this is the plug-in I’m first starting with), I can see the flight data like pressure, but no buttons work.

7 hours ago, sg69420 said:

I can see the flight data like pressure, but no buttons work.

So the StreamDeck profile is actually working? It is only the key down actions that fail? Have you tried all of the buttons, have you tried other aircraft, the "Little Gauges" profile? What A320 is this exactly?
Make sure that the "lorbysi-content-hooks" package is in your Community folder.

If you are getting any data at all on the StreamDeck, then the connection is working and you can stop thinking about ports. To be honest, I don't quite understand what "WebAPI automatically goes to their selected port" means. What is "going" where when exactly? 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

So the StreamDeck profile is actually working? It is only the key down actions that fail? Have you tried all of the buttons, have you tried other aircraft, the "Little Gauges" profile? What A320 is this exactly?
Make sure that the "lorbysi-content-hooks" package is in your Community folder.

If you are getting any data at all on the StreamDeck, then the connection is working and you can stop thinking about ports. To be honest, I don't quite understand what "WebAPI automatically goes to their selected port" means. What is "going" where when exactly? 

it is the Fenix a320. I tried out the Citation Longitude last night and it was working. When you say "community folder," do you mean com.lorbysi.aao.sdplugin? I'm sorry I am new to flight sim and the streamdeck.

Regarding the WebAPI, when I watched tutorials on YT about setting up AAO plugins, when they went to the "tools" page, it had their port automatically selected. Mine wasn't showing the same and only shows "configure WebAPI," so that is why I was worried.

50 minutes ago, sg69420 said:

Regarding the WebAPI, when I watched tutorials on YT about setting up AAO plugins, when they went to the "tools" page, it had their port automatically selected. Mine wasn't showing the same and only shows "configure WebAPI," so that is why I was worried.

The logic has changed, and that option is gone (the port was never automatically anything - you have to set it!). The videos are probably outdated.

If you have trouble with specific SD profiles, make sure to contact the author too. And double check his instructions as to what is required or has to be set up in a certain way for his profile to work. Many profiles come with a script package that has to be imported into AAO. Or they need the AAO InGame Panel.

50 minutes ago, sg69420 said:

When you say "community folder," do you mean com.lorbysi.aao.sdplugin? I'm sorry I am new to flight sim and the streamdeck.

No, I mean the folder Packages\Community in the MSFS directory. Where all your addons are.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

The logic has changed, and that option is gone (the port was never automatically anything - you have to set it!). The videos are probably outdated.

If you have trouble with specific SD profiles, make sure to contact the author too. And double check his instructions as to what is required or has to be set up in a certain way for his profile to work. Many profiles come with a script package that has to be imported into AAO. Or they need the AAO InGame Panel.

No, I mean the folder Packages\Community in the MSFS directory. Where all your addons are.

Okay, thank you so much! The WebAPI section was really worrying me haha. I appreciate your work on the plugin and all your help here!

4 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

wait, one more question. How do I find the "lorbysi-content-hooks"?