Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Cut in line?

That's one pair of pants that'll never get used again! 😮

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Looks like a couple of guardian angels were on full alert.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

54 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Looks like a couple of guardian angels were on full alert.

Noel

I can imagine them getting back to the office and saying "You'd not believe the sort of day we've had"

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Looks like one of our Round the World flights 😉

Bert

Could that "pilot" in the Cessna be fined (or prosecuted) for that maneuver?

Mario Di Lauro

The same thing happened to me in 1989 in California.

It was the day of my first solo and my instructor and I were in the pattern at KAPV doing some TGL’s before the full stop where he got out and I did my first solo.

We were on base for 18 and it’s an uncontrolled field where we report our positions/intentions on Unicom 122.8. I’d just made the call on the radio that we were turning base to final for 18, looked around and started the turn to final when a tail dragged just came over the top of us. My instructor got on the radio yelling at that guy but rather than land, he aborted his approach and took off. It happened so fast we didn’t get a tail number. 

We did land full stop, taxi off the runway and the instructor signed me off to taxi back and take off for my solo. Fortunately I wasn’t shook up over it and was able to make a few solo TGL’s without incident, but it was a close call, one of which I was lucky to never have another one like.

Afterwards we assumed the guy either didn’t have a functioning radio or just wasn’t communicating. Since we were in a 152, we couldn’t see him high right, but since he was also in a high wing, he should have been able to see us on his low left. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Fortunately I wasn’t shook up over it

I would have demanded counselling AND compensayshun for mental health 'issues'. You're obviously made of sterner stuff. 👍🏼

• Upvote 1

@cmpbellsjc  Hey, Sean,  that was probably Harrison Ford practicing landing on the taxiways!  😀

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

17 hours ago, charliearon said:

@cmpbellsjc  Hey, Sean,  that was probably Harrison Ford practicing landing on the taxiways!  😀

😂😂😂 Yeah, or possibly the same guy from the video the OP posted. Then again, my incident was in ‘89, so it possible that if the guy continued that type of flying, he’s most likely gone by now. 

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator