Sign in to follow this  
akaTiggers

Another AI piloting fail

Why can't AI just follow traffic on Flight Radar 24? Some kind of licensing or terms of use violation? 

The AI traffic code obviously needs a lot of work - and imo should have been given at least some attention some time ago.

embarrassing maybe - neglected for sure - imo.

well done OP for starting another topic on the subject, the more people talk about this the better - again imo. 

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

4 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

The AI traffic code

The thread is, from what I understand, not about the AI traffic but the ability of the AI to pilot the aircraft you have chosen . 

Maybe it is time to get back to the basics this is a flight simulator not a civil aviation simulator, not a airline passenger simulator, not a planespotting simulator. ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

well done OP for starting another topic on the subject, the more people talk about this the better - again imo. 

The OP's post had nothing to do with AI traffic, it was about AI piloting. Not the same thing. 

Not something I'd really use...but it'd be nice to be able to walk away during a flight and know that if the AP got disconnected somehow, that the AI pilot would keep the blue side up, comply with a RA, initiate step climbs, deviate around weather, initiate a descent....

• Like 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

AI pilots don't fly a half of million dollar aircraft in real life so why would anyone expect it to do that in a 60$ game. Geez and people think the AI traffic should be 1:1 with the real world, get real no CUP on the Market today could handle that load if it did work properly lol some people expect way too much for something in a cheap piece of software. Just fly the darn thing and practice your flying skills.

Edited by jbdbow1970

I've just learnt over the years to ignore what the AI does. The "remove nearby traffic" button is very useful.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

It's a hard life.

Actually, I was about to say, "that looks like one my landings", or,

to quote Obi Wan Kenobi, "another happy landing"

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

20 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

AI pilots don't fly a half of million dollar aircraft in real life so why would anyone expect it to do that in a 60$ game. Geez and people think the AI traffic should be 1:1 with the real world, get real no CUP on the Market today could handle that load if it did work properly lol some people expect way too much for something in a cheap piece of software. Just fly the darn thing and practice your flying skills.

I'll do what I want if it's a feature of the software I've bought, no matter how cheap, and it'd be great if it worked.  Hell I'd even download a Mercedes-Benz and drive around on my flight simulator's virtual roads. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yeah, why should we expect a part of something we bought to actually work... and AI traffic actually works better even in a sim from 2006.

Edited by Nixoq
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 4/21/2023 at 6:39 PM, jbdbow1970 said:

AI pilots don't fly a half of million dollar aircraft in real life so why would anyone expect it to do that in a 60$ game.

Because asobo implemented that feature and its not working correctly.  If they never made that feature this discussion wouldnt exist.  Its just people expecting things to work as intended.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.