29 minutes ago, cobalt said:

I am one of those who is experiencing the "overheating /driver graphics" error message with accompanying CTD's since installing SU12 (it never happened before that), and have tried several different Nvidia drivers, old and new, with no difference -- the CTD occurs regardless. For some reason it happens much faster when I fly the Pipestrel Virus, so I have been using that plane to test different drivers. With the 531.68 driver  installed, I can report that this plane now flies for upwards of 20 minutes before triggering the error message -- much better than with other drivers (ca. 2-3 minutes at best). It's progress, and that is welcome. But I am more convinced than ever that it will take Asobo to finally resolve this issue, since many of us never even saw this error until SU12.

I started getting this error coincident with SU12, but at that time I also started using the Nvidia Filters feature. After trying a few settings changes I found on the web (like running the gpu in max performance mode) I only got relief by turning off the Nvidia filters I'd set up. Have not seen it since. 

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I started getting this error coincident with SU12, but at that time I also started using the Nvidia Filters feature. After trying a few settings changes I found on the web (like running the gpu in max performance mode) I only got relief by turning off the Nvidia filters I'd set up. Have not seen it since. 

same here, I completely uninstalled geforce experience and haven't had a CTD or overheating message since.

Also, with this new driver I am no longer having the ground artifact in the aiports when switching to spot view

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

14 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Dx11? 12? VR? GPU?

With DX12 in VR (Reverb G2) on a 4080, = CTD.  "Graphics device has stopped working".  

Does not happen in DX11.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

While we are all sharing experiences, there is nothing concrete, no real clues, and we are all still peeing in the wind really.  The random nature of this issue is so frustrating. 

After suffering these GPU errors on every other flight and at different times with different aircraft (but not recently), I am also beginning to wonder if there is a third factor at play other than just the sim and the Nvidia drivers.

For me (and quite a few others) it definitely started during the SU beta last autumn, and that was without changing any drivers.  Obviously, this points to a change with the sim rather than the driver.  The only other thing I did was uninstall FSUIPC, and I can't remember having an issue since, must be about 50 flights.  But then others use FSUIPC without issues, so, basically we are nowhere and I just feel lucky that I don't have the issue at the moment, but when I did, it was relentless and was really getting me down  I feel so sorry for people who are suffering this problem as I know what it is like.

Hopefully the new MSFS crash logging will give us some clues.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

same here, I completely uninstalled geforce experience and haven't had a CTD or overheating message since.

Also, with this new driver I am no longer having the ground artifact in the aiports when switching to spot view

DX12?

Also, I have uninstalled Geforce experience as well, so maybe that is a factor. There have been other issues with gf experience recently, like causing stuttering. They brought out an update for that, or you could install a beta version that fixed it also.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

tested 531.68 with no luck , then reverted to 531.29 again , completed a short flight (KLGA-KEWR-KJFK on c172) and back to main menu for 30 min, then started a new flight with pmdg 738 KEWR-KDTW. All went smooth till the final approach , changing a cam view, black screen and total pc freeze…Total sim runing 4 hours
i’m done

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

Tried it ...

So far didn't notice any differences... Aircraft still fly strangely in MFS ... it didn't fix the aerodynamics ... Bummer!

I bet it also Didn't fix X Plane clouds 😂

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, iliasr said:

tested 531.68 with no luck , then reverted to 531.29 again , completed a short flight (KLGA-KEWR-KJFK on c172) and back to main menu for 30 min, then started a new flight with pmdg 738 KEWR-KDTW. All went smooth till the final approach , changing a cam view, black screen and total pc freeze…Total sim runing 4 hours
i’m done

Always goes wrong (CTD) with a change of view 

• Upvote 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

DX12?

Also, I have uninstalled Geforce experience as well, so maybe that is a factor. There have been other issues with gf experience recently, like causing stuttering. They brought out an update for that, or you could install a beta version that fixed it also.

yes DX12.

Last week I did 3 things randomly on the sim but I am not sure what could have solved it:

1. ddu previous nvidia driver and install new one clean, no geforce experience.

2. on the addon organizer there is an option to seach for duplicates airports and turned out I had BMW bolzano and also the asobo default aiport activated. I removed the BMW and kept the asobo one.

3. I was doing some testing on DX11 and switch back and forth between DX11 and DX12 while cleaning the cache before every test. I ended up staying with DX12 due to the FG extra FPs and smoothness.

I can't really pinpoint which one helped but honestly it's been more than a week without the annoying ground texture glitch

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Great driver and performance for me here local 🙂

Edited by virtualstuff

André

No issues here. 99% of so-called "driver issues" are related to a user's particular setup. 

No idea why folks uninstall Geforce Experience. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Because it’s not needed whatsoever. 

Edited by Greggy_D
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

And that is the true - simple said..🙃

cheers 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

And you base this opinion of yours on what kind of facts?

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

No issues here. 99% of so-called "driver issues" are related to a user's particular setup. 

It's bloatware, look at the extra background processes with it installed vs uninstalled...

We've been over this 50 times already...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2