Sign in to follow this  
michal

I wonder why the LevelD forum is so secret?

Bobp has already said that you *can* in fact read the forums - one is open, and the rest you can see for 30 days with Flight1's money-back guarantee.It's maybe interesting that a number of us have taken the time to say "buy" when we have no connection with LDS - you may decide that our commitment to the addon should encourage you at least to demo it, given the money-back deal.And if not... then to be honest, I'd say it's you that missed out, this round - and I think 99% of other 767-ers would agree.There are a couple of issues experienced by a minority of users, evident from the forums, to be fair. Some panel initialisation problems etc. I think it would be fair to say that accessing the forums wouldn't remotely help decide whether you'd get these problems on your system, but the devs are helping out regularly there. And again, the money-back deal is there if there's an issue.

Paul Skol

Nothing comes close.Period.I use FSX and Vista.The forum support is excellent.I bought the plane relying from info I got elsewhere-other than the registered member forums and have had no regrets.Jay

See BobP's comment above - the thing is sold in a Flight 1 wrapper with a 30 day love it or get your money back guarantee... How can you lose?DJ

Guest PPSFA

How does it work in multiplayer / shared cockpit?

Here on AVSIM they have reviewed the Level-D.The most recent review is now on "todays Headlines". Click on the "reset" at the top of the forum page to see it.Still, if you have a question(s) about the Level-D you could post it here.I have flown it for a long time now (FS9/FSX versions). I also fly the DreamFleet Baron (I asked about it first on this forum), Flight1's 727. I enjoy them all.But, the LD763 is the best state of the art IMO.LD has an outstanding forum for technical support, downloads etc and if you purchase the FS9 version I believe the FX upgrade is very reasonable .. if the deal is still on .. you would have to check.You can ask general questions on the General forum at LD. No waiting a week for an answer either.Ask them about a return policy (Flight1) if you do not like it!So far I have never returned a Flight1 product.So, I hope you will get the LD763 ... you'll love the ride!> Let me start by saying I have the highest regard for LevelD>and their software. Excellent quality. I flew the 767 PIC in>both FS2000 and 2002. I had fully intended to fly the new 767>in FS9- until I discovered no "read only" access to their>forum. > Perhaps my style is different- I like to research and have a>good understanding of a complex product before purchase.>Studying the manual and following the Q's & A's in the forum>is an important part of simming for me. I like to be familiar>with & able to fly the bird decently when it comes out of the>box. > Forum give and take is a great way to learn the>quirks/problems and uniqueness of both the airplane, the>software and also the interface with one's computer. I'm happy>to let others ask the questions but I do want to hear the>answers!> So- LevelD, I've sounded off- you missed me as a customer for>this round. Let me READ the forums for a few months on the>next round and I'll be back!!>Alex Reid CYYJ

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

McCrash,Go to Level-D forum (General tab) and ask them your pre-purchase questions. You do not have to register there to get some answers.AVSIM reviews = 5 stars for Level-D!Or, post a some specific questions here.Do you have TrackIR for use with the Level-D's virtual cockpit?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I agree, it does not take very much time or effort on the internet to come to the conclusion that Level-D and their products are some of the most highly thought of and respected for FS9 and FSX.There are extraordinarily few products that meet or exceed the overall level of quality, detail and complexity integrated into a Level-D product.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

>You can't even read about what is going on. Are they trying>to hide the problems with their product? Seems like it.It's plain and simple the best "add-on" ever released for FS9 and FSX at this point in time...Nothing comes even close except the Maddog 2006 (which goes even further system wise but lacking a VC) and PMDG 747 (close behind those two but a lousy customer attitude and they are slowwww :-lol )As for FSX we have two complex aircraft Level-D 767 and Maddog 2006 regarding jetsCheers, Andr

André

Guest PPSFA

I have to disagree, it does not work in shared cockpit, so for me, it's a no-buy plane.

There isn't much that DOES work in 'shared cockpit' yet to my knowledge.As the 767 was originally developed in FS9 and has been upgraded for FSX, I think it would be unfair to ask for this feature.I'm sure the upcoming 757 will be a different story and will take advantage of all the features that FSX offers.......Glenn

Guest PPSFA

I am typing this while 60 out, setting up for the approach into Brisbane AU, sharing a cockpit in the Eaglesoft CJ1. I can give you a list of planes that work fine in shared cockpit, from Bonanza's to jets, there are many that do, and many that don't, what amazes me is companys that are major players in FS and either don't care, or can't make em work.